1.15.2022

Books To Read in 2022

At the end of the each year, I get really excited about what books I am going to read the next year. This year, I put the books I want to read the most in my book cart.  This year I am starting with 9 books in my book cart. 

Transcendent Kingdom:
I started listening to this one on audio, but there were so many things I wanted to underline and study, that I decided to order it from Book of the Month and read it in my hands. 

Pure: 
This book is about the Purity culture of the 90's and while I know it will be an emotional read, it's work I need to do. 

The Body Keeps Score:
This book is one that I have heard about everywhere, and I want to read it to learn more about the students I will be working with, as well as my children and family.  

It Didn't Start With You:
This book is about the cyclical nature of anxiety, depression, phobias, obsessive thoughts, etc. I am excited to learn more about the way these issues are passed on from generation to generation. 

I Am Hutterite:
I am looking forward to reading this book both because there are Hutterites near our community here, and also because in college I had a professor who studied the Hutterites and she was constantly telling us bits and pieces about their culture. 

Obsessed:
This is a YA memoir about a 15 year old girl with OCD.  I have some obsessive tendencies and am interested to read this one.

Remember: 
This book, written by neuroscientist Lisa Genova, teaches us how memories are made and how we retrieve them. I have Alzheimer's & dementia on both sides of my family, so I am fascinated to read this one. 

If You Lived Here, I'd Know Your Name:
This book is one I bought because it's about a small town in Alaska. It's actually the town that Parker from Gold Rush grew up in, which intrigues me even more. 

They Both Die At The End:
I bought this book strictly because of the title.  When Wyatt saw it when I brought it home, he laughed and said, "They gave it all away in the title." Haha. They sure did. 


That brings me to my Unread Shelf:




I have calculated my unread books, and added all of them into Book Buddy, which is the $5 app I use to scan all my books and keep track of what I own.  I have 156 books on this bookshelf. I would really like to get it to 100 by the end of 2022.  One of the ways I plan to do that is to find audiobooks of the books I have to get in even more reading time. Fingers crossed I can at least not add more.

Wish me luck.
Haha!

2 comments:

Andie said...

You have a library there!!! The body keeps score may help w anxiety, it made me understand things the body does….I too have Anxiety disorder.

Tabitha Studer said...

Do you know how much I love They Both Die at the End? Like a lot a lot! I really need to tackle my TBR pile this year and chill on the book buying - there is plenty to choose from already, but the new ones are so hard to resist!