8.29.2017

Nanny's House: Part 1 (Cousins & Family)

We spent nearly a week at my parents' house in Vancouver this month.  I was brave (!!!) and drove all four kids by myself.  There we were met by my sister and her two sons, who were also staying with my mom mid-move, as well as my mom's three dogs & my dog-nephew (He's the cute scottie you sill see below!)
We made so many memories, that I will share the pictures & adventures in multiple parts.

Fun in Nanny's backyard:
Dodger
Carly
Milo
Logan
Wyatt
Jack
Logan & Jack
Ferris
Basil
He's just so cute!
Sadie



Carly & Nanny


A couple nights while we were there, we let the boys stay up late and go outside to tell "spooky stories" (which, with two 9yo's, a 7yo, a 6yo & a 5yo boy, just means a chance to use a flashlight and tell stories about poop & farts) before bed and the boys loved every minute of it. Hahah!





I stayed up way too late every night, but we packed each day with so much fun, that I honestly hardly noticed the exhaustion (except on the days it lead to migraines. frowny face)!



While we were there, my parents had a BBQ that both my brothers and grown nephew were able to attend, in addition to my sister & her kids.  It was one of the highlights of my trip, seeing those brothers, and getting the chance to take a few pictures of us all together.  They are both in really happy places in their lives and it makes me so glad for them. (I believe the amazing women they're dating have a lot to do with their happiness! Sweet girls!)

Nanny & Papa
+ all the grandkids!




At the end of our time, my sister's house closed, her husband got keys, and it was time for her to say goodbye to Vancouver (and my mom) and leave for a new adventure with her family.  It was heart wrenching watching her and my mom say farewell.  

I am sad for my mom that Roxanne isn't there anymore, but elated because she and her husband moved closer to me (!)-- only an hour and a half away.  And those cousins? They are stoked about that!






***

1 comment:

Marilynn Raatz said...

Shelly, I love these pictures. I love Carly so much and you captured that. And oh my gosh Roxanne moving, seriously that hug....it makes me cry and yet, I am so proud too. Watching my grandsons - cousins!! be together is so awesome.