3.28.2021

around here: week 11 2021

 {March 7-13th}






















Jumping... back on Instagram and feeling so happy about it. I enjoyed my four month hiatus, but also enjoyed getting back on and seeing all my (real) friends & insta-friends again. 

Suffering... a horrible migraine Sunday and feeling weak with gratitude when Josh took all four kids (and the dog!) to the land with him so I could sleep in peace as the medicine kicked in.  I was touched when both cats came upstairs to nap with me while he was gone.

Catching... up on the blog a little bit this week.  Still behind, but I'm working on it. 

Receiving... my COVID shot when they had openings at the county fairgrounds this weekend. I am thrilled to be safe to be around my parents, in-laws, grandparents and sweet baby niece.  

Enjoying... book club this week, where we had some great discussions (per usual) and ended up sharing all our wedding photos with each other via text afterward.  It was fun to dig up our wedding pics.  Gosh, we were just babies!

Driving... to Spokane with Logan for his neurology visit, where we were given masks with a see through mouth piece (so cool) so that his Deaf neurologist could read our lips. We adore her, and this was my favorite meeting with her, as we were discussing the fact that Logan hasn't had a seizure in two years, and his EEG came back seizure free.  So we will be slowly weaning him off his meds, and (fingers crossed!) we think he has outgrown his epilepsy.  What a dream come true.  

Taking... Carly to her well child visit and hearing that she is healthy and TALL.  Such a blessing to have a healthy girl on my hands. 

Starting... the twins' basketball season.  They are exhausted after practice, but I'm so proud of them!

Getting... my new dishwasher (thanks tax return!) that is saving my life! I don't have to wash the dishes before they go in the dishwasher anymore, and the time it's saving me is amazing!

Finding... the boys' socks ev.er.y.where. Legitimately, I find no less than five socks every day in different, random places in the house.  This week I even found one in the van when I was getting Carly out to go to the doctor. How? Why? I swear they multiply!

Being... pulled over for the first time (in my life) this week, with all four kids in the car. I was devastated. I felt awful.  I was speeding (42 in a 30) because I didn't realize the speed limit had changed where I was.  The officer seemed so angry at me, and I got a ticket, even though in 22 years of driving I have never even been pulled over!!
When I got home, I cried and cried, so relieved it was over, and so sad for how mad the officer seemed.  Also, I realized that I thought having never had a ticket was part of who I am. Josh assured me that it's not, and I am still a good person. Even if I got a speeding ticket. 

Saving... my life this week is my laundry schedule. It has made the laundry so much more manageable.  I just throw in whoever's load is assigned that day, in the morning, as soon as I wake up. I switch it by lunch time, and I haven't been behind on laundry in weeks thanks to the schedule. 


***




My best is enough.

Your best is enough.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

What a beautiful bride!!

Krista said...

The socks, they are everywhere! None of my kids keep them on so I find them randomly everywhere and my middle boy is THE WORST.
Also, I'm sorry the police officer was so mean. I had an experience like that a couple years ago when I slid into the back of an actual state patrol truck on a really awful icy day. He reamed me out so bad for not driving carefully, when honestly the only thing I could have done differently was take a completely different route. It was awful and having just hit him (I didn't even know he was a cop until he came to my window) of course I was already stressed out. Kindness does go a long way and don't feel bad. :)

E Vilardi said...

What a bummer about the cop! It makes you feel 100 times worse, when you're already beating yourself up about it, when the other person is angry at you. **big hug**