5.21.2022

Around Here: Week 13 2022

 {March 27-April 2nd}







{Peep her little toes folded up under her. swoon}









Cleaning... out Carly's bedroom.  We sorted through all her toys, putting some up in her closet to trade out periodically when she gets bored, and we put a lot of them in a Goodwill pile.  Her room is pretty much constantly messy, and I am hoping that removing some of the toys will help it be less so. 

Sending... the twins' to their friends' birthday bowling party, but picking Jack up near midnight during the sleepover portion of the party.  He just sleeps best at home, he said, and I feel that.  Although, I did notice this week that often when he sleeps, his feet hang off the end of his bed. He's just growing so fast! I'm not sure what I'll do when he is too tall for the twin bed he's currently in. There's not room for any bigger beds in the twins' bedroom... I guess he'll just have to sleep curled up. Hah! 

Reading... The Unsinkable Greta James, which is the sweetest story about a musician and her dad, and which takes place much of the time in Alaska (I didn't know that before I dove in) and I loved it!
Also reading "If You Give A Moose A Muffin" on repeat with Carly.  It's the first "real" book she has read (that wasn't a "first reader) and she is so proud of herself. I am crazy proud of her as well.  Her reading has just really taken off recently, and it's so fun to witness. 

Taking... care of Wyatt as he awoke in the middle of the night having an asthma attack.  He could NOT stop coughing, so I hooked up the nebulizer and he did a treatment.  As scary as asthma is following a cold, random asthma attacks are 100x scarier.  It's like, "Why is this happening? Will it stop? Will he have to go to the emergency room? Is it going to happen again?!" Like I said, so scary! 

So grateful... for my mom coming to help me clean my house in preparation for Josh's parents' anniversary party that we're hosting next Sunday.  I was feeling so overwhelmed (the kind where you can't even start doing one small thing) that I knew I had to do something, so I called in reinforcements.  My mom is a cleaning machine, and she swears she even enjoys it if it means she's helping me.  She is a saint, I swear. 
We worked side by side all day Thursday to get my downstairs in order (dusting, vacuuming, cleaning windows...) and it looked so good by the time we were done!

Sharing... a meal outside on the back patio with Wyatt and Carly in the sunshine. It was so lovely to be out there together, and to have blue skies!!

Celebrating... April Fools Day subbing at elementary school and laughing when the kids kept trying to fool me with red marker on their hands, or pretend injuries to their legs (complete with limping) or arms.  Lots of good laughs for sure. 

Attending... baseball practice with Wyatt and Carly twice a week and looking forward to warmer weather as the season progresses. 

Enjoying... family in town for spring break (which lasts all of next week!) and decorating our house along with Josh's sister Andrea all day Saturday so Sunday we could just show up for the big anniversary party. 

And loving... Carly's play set ups.  Her little bubbas (stuffed animals) "reading" in her bed; the mama Barbie chillin' on the couch with a book (she is a whole vibe and I am here for it!); and her set up on the American Girl doll beds of the orange cat having a baby, complete with the midwife at the end of her bed and her support people cats on either side of her. I just can't even with her imagination. It's so perfect. 

***

Mary Oliver. She's just so good.

*

*

Thanks, church. 
Still unlearning all of these. 


***

No comments: