10.14.2022

Around Here: Week 37 2022

 {September 11-17th}

















pc: Carly May








Can you spot all three creepy cousins???

Reorganizing... the kitchen and feeling so happy with the emptier counters. 

Taking... a delicious nap with Grady after waking too early this weekend. He's seriously the best dog ever. 

Accomplishing... the chore lists on Sunday and feeling ready to tackle the week ahead. 

Loving... my dahlias and feeling so proud of them! It took allll summer for them to really get blooming, but now there's no stopping them! So I'm going to enjoy every minute until that first freeze stops them in their tracks. 

Struggling... to drop Wyatt off.  Middle school is so brutal. That's all I will say to honor his privacy... but please say a prayer for him. 

Frustrated... that the bad smoke has made its way over to us.  It is making for such a stressful week.  Thankfully our family was able to help me out (thank you Ethan & Erica!) and one day I picked him up early because of the smoke so I could go sub and he wouldn't have to walk home. 

Feeling... the car rider line woes with Carly, who, at one point, just laid her head on the dashboard when the cars weren't following the line like they're supposed to. Haha! 
(And for those of you who are worried for safety- Carly rides in her carseat all the way to school. Then once we are in the car rider line in the parking lot, she unbuckles and gets ready for drop off.)

Starting... Carly on Xtra Math.  I used it with the twins and Wyatt, and their math skills are really strong because of it. I want her to feel confident about math as well.  Especially since I never did. 

Getting... the mail everyday on the way home and Carly loves jumping out to pet the dogs who live at the house by the mailbox.  There's a new dog with Link and he's so friendly and cute. 

Subbing... in kindergarten and feeling like I was herding cats at the end of the day.  We got kids who walk, kids who bus, and kids who need to go to parent pick up. I was so worried I was going to lose a kid. 

Celebrating... Carly's first library day with book checkout! She's been waiting over a year for this (they don't check out books as kindergartners) and she was delighted. 

Swinging... by Josh's cousins classroom to get the basic rundown before subbing for her for the next four days.  I was so grateful she didn't mind running me through everything and showing me around since it's not at Carly's school. 
Instead of thinking I was a weirdo for needing to see the school beforehand, Januari said she was proud of me for asking for what I needed so I would be less anxious. It was so thoughtful and really touched my heart. 

Thankful... for my friend Emilee who had Carly for me each morning before school, and added an entire additional school to her morning drop off routine.  Carly had a great time with her and her boys and I was able to get to my sub job on time. 
Also thankful for Carly's amazingly responsible brothers who took turns picking her up every afternoon; walking all the way from their schools to hers and getting her home safe. 

Subbing... for second grade on Thursday and reading on all my breaks.  Unfortunately Carly woke up sick Friday and I had to cancel my job for that day.  She felt so crummy, she even took a nap, which is so unlike her. The other good part of that was I was able to pick Wyatt up after school so he didn't have to walk in the wildfire smoke. 

Meeting... my sister in Quincy Saturday morning so that Logan and Wyatt can still spend the day with their cousins and family despite the fact that Carly & I had to cancel since she was feeling crummy.  Wyatt got to go shopping for a Halloween costume with Aunt Roxanne and Ferris & Milo and Logan got to go fishing with Papa Barry.  It was a great day for them while Carly and I rested at home, and Josh & Jack went to work at the land.


***







On my shirt:
"Kindness!"
or
"Don't be a butt."
or 
"I love you."










1 comment:

Tara said...

Just curious why the kids don't ride the bus to school? Feels like it would be less stress than always having to run and grab them.