6.30.2019

Week 26 Around Here {2019}





{pc: Aunt Roxanne}

























Having... my sister over along with her kids on Saturday.  It was a really fun day, and I was so glad to spend the day with her.  She even curled Carly's hair while she was here with my new wand from Ulta, and Carly looked so darn cute!
I enjoyed loving on my niece Romy & seeing all the kids snuggled up on the couch together watching a movie during movie night.  They're just so sweet together.

Trading... kids on Sunday with my sister.  She got Jack and I got Milo.  We met at the halfway point and swapped kids, then met again in the afternoon to trade back.  Logan & Wyatt had such a great time with Milo, and Jack loved being at Roxanne's sans his siblings.

Sending... Jack for a sleepover at Grandma's.  He was so excited to have some special time with her and Papa, and I think it was just what he needed.

Kayaking... with the kids and Josh while Jack was with grandma.  We had a great time on the water, but it was interesting to see how lost Logan was without Jack there to be his buddy on the water.  They drive each other nuts... but they also depend on each other for entertainment and companionship.

Celebrating... Wyatt's birthday with a pizza party.  We watched a Spiderman movie and enjoyed pizza, Koolaid, cake & ice cream.  Wyatt had a great time, and I think his friends enjoyed themselves, but the best story of the night is this: I had given Carly a little Koolaid before the party started.  Then about an hour later, the boys were all having pizza and I started pouring them cups of Koolaid.  Carly marched her little self right over to the table, jutted her cup toward me and said, "I need more alcohol, mom."
What?!? Somehow she mixed up the name "Koolaid" with the name "Alcohol", and wanted more.  Hahaha!  Then, later that week, we were at the grocery store and as we were cruising down the center aisle of the store, Carly pipes up, "Can we get more alcohol?"
She just can't seem to remember that it's called Koolaid.

Riding... with the kids to the school for a morning play time, and enjoying it so much.  Carly loved riding in the bike trailer, and I felt really good, too!

Spending... some time with my bestie on Thursday, and enjoying it so much.  We got lunch while we were together and had the chance to have so many uninterrupted conversations since we were kid-free (thanks to her mom and Josh).  It was lovely!

Playing... at home is going really well so far this summer, thanks to the boys' "Play List" (a list of all the things they can play when they have free time) and the consequence of weeding when they are naughty.  I had been so nervous for how it would go, but I am happy to report it is going just swimmingly.  They are having so much fun building forts and reading books and I am grateful for the permission my counselor gave me to give them more screen time if I need it to survive.  I always have that little card in my back pocket!

Reading... The Road Back to You (which is about the enneagram), Harry's Trees (which I talked about last week & am still working through) and Love You Hard.  When I finished Love You Hard I started The Prayer Box, which I am loving!  It's about a woman whose landlord passes away, and while cleaning out her house, she comes across a life's collection of prayer boxes.  Through these prayer boxes, she begins piecing together this woman's life story.  It's really good!

Taking... the twins on a bike ride, just the three of us, and having the best time together.  We raced and took turns leading the pack.  When we got home, we all felt great, and I was so glad I had said yes.

Storm watching... with the kids on Thursday night and loving how Carly got out her pretend camera to take pictures.  They loved the lightening and counting to see how far behind the thunder was.

Blogging... my heart out to get caught up on the few weeks I was behind.  I am so glad to be caught up!

Getting... away for a small group get together with the girls I started small group bible study with back in 7th grade.  For over 20 years these girls have been by my side through thick and thin, and it was so amazing to sneak in some time away with them.  We left our collective 13 children with our husbands and had some kid-free time in Seattle, going out to dinner, walking to see the sunset view and talking until 1:30 in the morning!  This time I got to meet Maggie's little girls, and her youngest is Carly's age and just a doll! I wanted to take her home! {swoon!}



{thanks to Tabitha's friends for sharing}

***

1 comment:

Unknown said...

o.mi.gosh. Carly in that yellow bathing suit. i'm dead.

i love seeing your kayak pictures! we love it so much and the kids are obsessed. I think we are getting one paddleboard for our fam too because the kids love so much paddling out to the deep and then using it like a dock to jump off. Plus, I love paddle boarding, have you tried yet? Next water toy - hehehehe.

Your books are making me itchy for some new ones - The Prayer Box sounds so interesting! How are you liking the Road Back to You? worth a read?