8.02.2019

Week 31 Around Here {2019}



throwback :: july 2016






















  Watching... our garden grow and eating cucumber and peas straight out of it.  It is so lush & green.  I think the sunflowers are my favorite.  They tower over all of us, and I feel like they're smiling at the whole neighborhood as they drive by. 

Loving... these last few weeks in our first house.  It's bittersweet to know that we are moving on.  We have made so many sweet memories in this house and built a beautiful life in our new hometown here.  I will miss how comfortable we are here.  I will miss our front stoop and flower beds.  Wyatt will miss our garden.  Josh will miss all the finished projects he's completed.  But all of us are excited for different parts of the new house.  The boys are mostly excited that our new house has stairs.  Hah!

Attending... the inspection on our new house, and getting to meet the current owners.  I was thrilled to meet the sweet couple who has put all that work into our new home and to tell them how excited we are to move in.  The wife is a sign language interpreter and I laughed as I told her that my husband and I met in sign language class in high school.  She had the same table cloth that matches the curtains I have in my current kitchen, and we share the same sentimentality about leaving behind the houses we have turned into homes over the years.  It's like it was all meant to be.
Spending an hour and a half at the house had me falling in love with it all over again, and I was so grateful when the husband took the time to show me all around the garden so I could console Wyatt's broken heart about leaving behind our gorgeous garden.  In our new house we will have cucumbers and watermelon and tomatoes, like we do now, plus raspberries and a few other things we don't currently have.

Enjoying... these days while Carly is in her "Mama's girl" phase.  If I am running an errand, she wants to be my sidekick.  If I am painting my toenails, she wants me to paint her toenails.  If I am gardening outside, she wants to be gardening outside. She is my mini-me, and I know from the boys that this stage won't last forever, so I am soaking up every second of it.

Splashing... with the kids at the waterpark two days in a row this week.  First we went as a family Monday so they could do the inspection on our house for the new buyer.  Then on Tuesday we met up with Roxanne's family so the cousins could all party together at the pool.  Carly & Romy played so cute together in the shallow water. 

Filling... out lots of paperwork, gathering necessary documents and doing lots of terrible "adulting" to get everything in order for the houses to sell/be purchased.  In addition to the inspection, we also had an appraisal this week.  It's a lot, but the good news is that it seems like everything is moving along really quickly and we should be moved in before the end of the month.  Maybe even before school starts for our kids!!

Driving... Jack to a truck stop to meet my sister and her crew so he could tag along with them to Vancouver to see my parents.  She offered on Tuesday when we were at the pool, and I couldn't say no.  Being one kid down during the crazy chaos of moving has been lovely.  And he, as you can imagine, is having the time of his life!!!

Reading... Moloka'i and enjoying it so much.  I am also listening to The Current, which is disturbing and I am dying to know who did it!!
I sadly closed out July with my "least books read" so far this year.  Three.  That's it.  Three measly books.  But getting the house ready to go on the market took a lot of my time, as did two trips- one to Vancouver & one to Lake Wenatchee- as well as taking care of four kids full time with school out for summer.

Crossing... my fingers that the starts my father-in-law cut off our dinner plate hibiscus bush will grow and be hearty plants that we can use to grow our own hibiscus at our new house.  I love that plant so much!!!

Mommin'... pretty hard this week with two playdates, a few trips to some parks and a trip to the library to get some fresh reading material.  I am so thankful for friends who take my kids off my hands (hi Emilia! hi Priscilla!) when life is gets busy.  And thankful for some quiet mornings (thanks to the twins' morning math class) that gave me the opportunity to visit new parks with Wyatt & Carly. 

Blogging... my little heart out in the calm before the storm.  I wanted desperately to get the blog caught up before we had to start packing for the move.  So today's post is being posted on the actual day it should be (hooray!) and tomorrow I am supposed to start packing.  Wahoo! I made it!!


Making me laugh:
{thanks betsy}
*


Here's to having steady souls,
despite all the chaos that surrounds us.
Hugs, my friends.

***

No comments: