3.07.2021

around here: week 7 2021

 {February 7-13th}

















Waking up... Sunday to see that Josh had hung my "See The Good" letters in the kitchen while I was at Shana's Saturday night.  (I found those letters at Hobby Lobby back in January with my mom and sister. I've been so excited to hang them!)  I was so happy and thankful Josh did it for me. I have really focused on "seeing the good" in the last year, as we all struggled with quarantine and life in general.  I think it's so important that I instill in my kids the ability to find the silver linings of life. 

Watching... Josh and Carly build with Magnetix.  They are so creative and cute together. I love them.

Fixing... Molly at the vet and feeling grateful we won't have to go through any more heat cycles with her. When she got home she was really out of it for about two days.  Dazed and dizzy and so sad!  I was crazy grateful when she was finally better.  

Cleaning house... on Sunday, and then heading to my parents house for the Superbowl.  We had a great afternoon, hanging with my sister and her crew, and eating the yummy food my mom had prepared.  It was super fun! 

Loving... Jack's timeline that he created and turned in for class this week.  I love how finding out Carly was a girl is on it, and that all of his siblings made the cut.  So sweet.

Swapping... the twins' personalities this week.  I don't know what got into them, but what used to be Logan behavior, is now Jack behavior. And what used to be Jack behavior, is now Logan behavior.  It's trippy!

Dealing... with a broken washing machine lid. Thankfully I was able to find and order one online, and my brother-in-law was able to make the broken one work temporarily while it shipped. I will be so happy when it's a functioning lid again!

Taking... Logan to the doctor to get his broken pinky rewrapped and x-rayed. 

Rereading... my seventh grade journals in an effort to better understand the twins.  It was so fun (and embarrassing and mortifying- hah!) to look back.  And it really did help me connect with them. 
For example, my kids are all obsessed with money, and I thought it was so gross.  But it turns out that I was obsessed with money at that age, too.  I was finally able to earn it (typically babysitting), and I enjoyed writing in my journal about what I was spending it on, what I was saving it for, and what I everything I bought had cost. That helped me understand that it's the age. 

Enjoying... book club with the girls this month and loving them so much. I am so grateful for them.

Laughing... as I found Carly at the table playing "family" with all the scissors I keep in the kitchen. I swear that little girl could play and be entertained by just about anything! It's a skill. 

Relishing... a long weekend.  The kids had Monday off, but Josh had Friday & Tuesday as well, and it was so nice. 

Reading... Island of the Blue Dolphins to the kids; listening to White Fragility on audio and finishing The Book of Lost Names, which was so good! (Very similar to The Nightingale for those who loved that and are wanting something similar.)

Taking... care of the kids over the weekend on my own as Josh worked on putting in cabinets at our old neighbor's house. He and his brother took on the job and it was big, but they got it done!

Loving... that Carly is playing with dolls more lately.  It's so fun to see her carrying them around, pretending to feed them, and playing doctor with her Doc McStuffins kit. So cute.

***

1 comment:

Tabitha Studer said...

Scissor family! omgisoh, that is the sweetest!! What a great idea to re-read your journals to find connection with what the twins are going through/feeling. And yes, every time I go back and read my journals it is a cringefest and has me blushing all these years later. Thank goodness we didn't have social media to record all those mini dramas. LOL