6.12.2021

around here: week 20 2021

 {May 9-15th}










{Your Story is Beautiful}





{Wyatt even practices his stacking skills at school
& his teacher sends me pics. Love her!}
















Waking up... on Mother's Day to an empty house (thanks mom & dad!) and a full heart.  Jack texted me as soon as he was up, "Love you. Happy Mother's Day!" It made my heart swell up.  I made myself a delicious eggs & spinach breakfast and then Josh and I headed to Wenatchee to spend the day with my parents and my sister's family.  We got the cutest pictures of the little girls together, and really enjoyed each other's company.  It was so nice.

Watching... the twins at their baseball game, and then Carly at the park when their game was over.  Watching her made me think how lucky she is to have such a large cheering section always rooting for her. 

Thankful... that my friend Jessica asked me to come and share my gratitude journal with a gathering of her church friends.  It was fun to share that creative side of me, and I enjoyed being with other women. It's been so long since I have regularly gotten out of the house!

Being... flexible and trying to stay in the moment as different things come up.  You would think that with four kids, I would be really flexible and "go with the flow", but I am not. And change (especially last minute change) is hard for me. So I'm working on embracing new opportunities (like when Wyatt had last minute practice this week and that meant Carly and I got to go play at the park in the sunshine) and trying to be wherever I am, fully.  It's not easy (especially during school-at-home with the twins) but I am trying!!

Writing... through some of my new writing course on date night since Josh was gone working on his car.  He was also gone Saturday, and I have to say, I am so grateful that he and Samuel are able to do the work themselves. They amaze me.

Having... the cousins over with Nanny (my mom) on Saturday for some swimming.  We had the most fun, swimming and splashing and playing, and then when we were done with that, Nanny ordered us pizza and we had movie night!  It was awesome.

Finding... all the socks.  Everywhere I go, there are dirty socks.  Under the couch, in the car, on the stairs.  In my bedroom, on the rug, under the table.  Ev.er.y.where. They're making me CRAZY!

Receiving... news that my speeding ticket has been successfully deferred.  As long as I do not have any moving violations in the next 12 months, it will not go on my permanent record. Phew! (For that story, go here.)

Entering... the phase of parenting where we can leave the kids home alone for periods of time, and while it is wonderful (and freeing!) it is also bizarre.  I do wonder if the growing up of your kids ever slows down enough for you to catch up. 

Reading... so slowly this year compared to years prior.  I am not sure if it's because I am schooling the boys, or if it's because of my sleep issues, or if it's because I am just sort of burnt out, but I am reading a snail's pace.  Josh is actually ahead of me on "Number of Books Read", which is appalling to me. Haha! I am still reading some, just much slower than usual, and I'm not in as big a hurry.  Some if it may also be because I hit my "Read 100 Books" goal last year, so this year I don't have a specific goal. I am just trying to enjoy whatever I'm reading. I am very curious if Josh will close out 2021 with more books read than me. He isn't convinced because he tends to read less in the summer and I read more, but I guess only time will tell.

Loving... the book "In A Jar" that Carly checked out from the library.  In fact, I loved it so much I ordered us a copy.  It's about this little bunny who collects memories in jars of his favorite places and moments.  Reading it inspired Carly to find a jar in the hutch and go outside to gather things in it. 

Organizing... the twins room.  It's not exactly how I would have it, but I try really hard to let them have their space be their space. So it's a perfect compromise.  My favorite part, of course, was color coding their Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. 

Soaking... in all the beautiful blue skies we've had lately.  The joy that the blue sky brings me is immeasurable. 

****
Deep Thoughts:





No comments: