8.31.2021

Primary Closet Before & After












Ugh. Just looking at the Before pictures gives me a headache. Thank GOD my sister was willing drive all the way over from Wenatchee to help me!! 
I do a good job of keeping my bedroom tidy, but I struggle with the closet.  Because it's not seen; I can close the door; and we have too much crap, it tends to really get messy.  So my goal was to Marie Kondo it (well... actually, that was my sister's goal. I didn't super want to do any of this. I just wanted to snap my fingers and have it magically cleaned and organized. hah!) and that's what we did.  We dumped the entire contents of my closet (barring Josh's side) on the bed and floor in my room and only put back in things that a) fit and b) I loved. 
Honestly it went much quicker than I had imagined it would, and once we started sorting some things, I was excited to sort all the things. 

And now for the after:







My sister made the space functional and beautiful.  I only needed to buy two things- more of my streamlined white hangers and a tie rack for Josh's tie collection.  All in all, less than $20.  I had literal boxes full of clothes that no longer fit. I committed to not keeping anything that doesn't fit and I am so happy now every time I go to get dressed. 

Plus this project lead to me getting together all my picture frames and decorations, which lead to Josh helping me decorate the upstairs hallway (finally!) and made realize I don't throw away shipping bags/boxes, and I need to start doing that right away.  I had SO many shipping bags in my drawers.  Why?!?

One of the biggest visual differences was not hanging any clothes on the back wall.  There's not a lot of room anyway for clothes back there, but mostly, the closet looks so much tidier with hanging clothes only on two of the three available sides.  

As stated, we did not touch anything on Josh's side, as he is not as messy as me, and this wasn't his project. But even with just sorting through my half, the entire closet looks 1000x better. 
Thanks, Roxanne!!!

No comments: