4.09.2022

Around Here: Week 9 2022

 {February 27-March 5th}





















Signing... the boys up for baseball.  They are all so excited for the season, and honestly so are me and Josh. 

Buying... myself tulips at Safeway and feeling so happy for that vision of spring on my dining room table.  Winter will end.  Sunshine is on its way! Mamas, buy the flowers! You deserve it, and you will not regret it! 

Framing... my favorite picture of Phoenix, who was my student back in 2005.  He was a kid who had my heart, and sadly he passed away in July 2020.  I think of him all the time and wish I could go back and save him. But he reminds me to live each day. 

Spending... some time this week coloring, trying to reach a point of feeling zen.  I have been very (very) anxious about becoming a substitute teacher.  My paperwork finally came through and as of next week I can start subbing! While this is exciting (the money will sure be nice) it is also kind of scary! I haven't worked outside the home in over a decade!

Sighing... at how messy Carly's room always is. That girl! She has a great imagination, and can play for hours, but oh the mess!! 

Praying... for Josh's dad as he had a procedure done.  We were so grateful he came out of it great and is home doing well. 

Reading... the HONY story about Venus. Gosh, I kept clicking back and clicking back to see if more of her story was posted on Instagram.  What an inspiring woman! 
I am also listening to Wish You Were Here by Jodi Picoult.  It is such a good listen. I gave it four stars, but I will tell you that it threw me for a loop!!! Such crazy good writing. 

Dressing... Carly up as a "mad scientist" for "Oh The Places You Can Go" day at school; and as a jaguar on Animal Day.  What I love about Carly is that "more is more" for her, so she doubled up on different jaguar prints, which cracked me up. 

Grateful... that drop off has improved for Carly.  It seems to go back and forth from great to terrible, but I am cautiously optimistic about it being better right now.  She does best if Wyatt is there, it's still hard if he is home sick and she has to walk in on her own, but if he's there, she is good.  
Morning snuggles and not having to rush helps, as does happy music on the drive to school.  So we're slowly figuring it out. 

Cooking... salmon patties for dinner with canned salmon Josh got at Costco, and feeling thrilled that everyone in the family liked them.  They devoured them!! So that will be going on the meal rotation for sure!

Loving... that Jack and his best bud Ainsley come home a few times a week to work out in the shed.  We have a punching bag and a weight bench and they put it to good use. Love those silly boys. 

Accidentally... yelling at Josh to turn off the TV when I thought he was Jack on the couch.  Haha! This is the problem with my twins growing up so fast, they are suddenly man-size and my image of them in my mind hasn't caught up. Poor Josh. 

Capturing... all of Carly's most recent creations.  Her writing, the "hypnotizer" she made, her set up of Molly & Addy on the kitchen table, and recording her beat boxing.  This girl is constantly making us laugh and remember to find joy in the little things. 

Enjoying... a day with my parents in town.  We ordered pizza for dinner and played Cards Against Maturity (ohhhh the laughter!) and just really enjoyed each other. Carly's connection especially with my mom is so sweet, and I enjoyed playing pool with my dad. I even won! I always love most when my parents read to my kids.  So I always capture those moments. 

Feeling... so loved and seen by my sister.  She sent a care package with my mom and dad when they came to visit and it meant so much to me.  She found a mug that said, "See the good" with a rainbow on it! I mean, how perfect is that?!?  I have used it every single day to remind myself to look for the positive. Because seeing the negative is just too easy! She also included the sweetest note, cheering me on, and a beautiful lip gloss that I love! 
Thank you Roxanne. I am so lucky to have you! 


***







Funny:


***

1 comment:

Tabitha Studer said...

okay, for real that coloring you did needs to be sold as a print. Giving me all the spring vibes that I so desperately need over here in PA right now. (It snowed the second Saturday of APRIL!? I mean, come on). I love those tulips you purchased too - maybe that's what I need to do, just have spring INSIDE my house to make up for the weather not meeting my needs (hah).

Also, I feel you on the messy daughter's room. Our girls constantly have the hugest mess going on in their room and I've resolved to just take a deep breath and close the door so I don't have to look at it(hah!)