7.07.2022

Around Here: Week 19 2022

 {May 8-14th}



When I came downstairs on Mother's Day, Carly stood in the dining room, waiting for me to arrive, and when I did, she threw all these bows in the air and yelled, "Happy Mother's Day!" 
Oh I just love this girl. 




Carly's mother's day drawing was of her and I playing pool. 
I especially love my earrings, and the flowers on her dress. 

Wyatt drew me, him and Carly playing four square
which he's been teaching me for a while now.
We love to play it. 
















Flashback photo to summer of 2012 with my old coworkers. 
Loved these ladies so much!





shelly





















Getting... spoiled on Mother's Day by my super thoughtful children.  Wyatt and Carly both made me cards and drew pictures (words of affirmation are my love language along with foot & back rubs) and Carly surprised me with a showering of ribbons and bows when I came downstairs.  Carly picked out my adorable "Mother of the Year" mug when we were at Big Lots last week, and Jack picked out another one that is marbly and shimmery and exactly what I love.  So blessed to be these kids' mother. Like, truly. I am so lucky they are mine and I get to love them. 

Cheering... as Carly has started climbing the tree that lines our sidewalk. She loves to climb up there and look around. It makes me want to find a tree big enough for me to climb!

Finding... the work/laundry balance (yes, there is such a thing) and feeling so much better about working. I do a load (or two) everyday, starting one before work, and switching it after work (or if I come home for lunch) and it has been much more manageable. I literally asked my friend Christi (who works full time and also has four kids) "When do you do laundry? How do you do this?!" She amazes me in more ways than one, as all working mothers do.

Enjoying... our gorgeous spring mornings. I could still go for warmer weather, but I'll take sun shining through the sprinklers on the neighbors lawn over cloudy grey days or rain.

Capturing... some pictures of our dogs fighting and laughing because they look so ferocious, when really they are just playing, and are the sweetest, most loving dogs.  They love to rough house though, and the still photos really captured how big their dang teeth are! Crazy!

Giving... myself a manicure with my Color Street french tip set and LOVING it! I feel so fancy, and each Color Street set is only $5 and SO easy to do! If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. 

Sitting... with Carly in her room each night as she falls asleep.  She has been extra clingy lately (I'm not sure why) so I am responding by giving her what she needs.  One night she literally fell asleep clutching my arm. Being a kid really is harder than we remember, I think. 

Wanting... a perm because I love my hair curly so much. I told my mom and for Mother's Day, she gifted me enough money to get one if I want. So exciting!!

Waking... Carly for school this week as she must be in a growth spurt. I have never (or at least VERY rarely) had to wake any of my boys for school, and having to wake her up to get ready for school feels so wrong. Hah! 
But I can't let her oversleep because her anxiety does best if she is in her normal routine. So it's important we make it to drop off early enough that she can have a little recess/play time outside before her school day starts at the sound of the bell.  

Subbing... in Wyatt's class for a few hours in the afternoon and feeling so lucky it was short, and so thankful for all upper elementary/middle school teachers. You are literally saints walking the earth.  This age of kids can be so hard to control, to get respect from and to build relationships with. What you manage to do with them is nothing short of a miracle. 

Taking... Piper to get spayed at the six month mark, and loving all the sweet snuggles.  We also got really lucky, and she hasn't been licking at all! Such a relief! I am glad to have that done (and the rescue we got her from is relieved as well) and I'm thankful she came through it like a champ. 

Attending... Wyatt's NOVA (our district's Highly Capable program) presentation and feeling so proud of him! He chose to do his project on how engines work, and as he did his research, he taught me how they work! I am almost forty, and have been driving over half my life, but I had no idea how engines worked until now. The fact that he understood it enough to explain it to me, was brilliant.
We bought some cars on Amazon to give away to people who walked past, and Wyatt also brought a Lego car he made that has an engine that works (it moves the working pieces of the engine) and it was a really great addition to his set up. Josh's brother Samuel came, and I was so touched that he showed up for Wyatt in that way. Those two have a special bond and it makes me so happy. 

Subbing... for the librarian at Wyatt & Carly's school on Friday, and loving their new library. It is so beautiful.  And it was so fun to meet a few more classes that I haven't subbed in yet. Maybe I'll be a librarian when I grow up. ;)

Driving... up to Wenatchee for me and Carly's "Girls Weekend". After watching brothers get sleepovers at Nanny & Papa's, Carly wanted a turn.  But I know she's not quite ready for a sleepover away from mom, so we both took off, leaving the boys at home to fend for themselves (they all had a great time, even Josh, and it was a nice respite for me) while Carly spent some one on one time with my mom (whom she adores) and I got to read, watch TV and just generally relax. 
The night we got there, we went to my nephew's school carnival, and Carly had the best time.  There were games and fresh popcorn, and prizes. It was so fun. 
She also enjoyed spending time with Milo and my mom's animals.  She has two cats, Grace and our old cat Molly.  They're both really soft and really sweet. Carly also loves my moms dogs, but this time, she also had my brother's dog Wintson. And that dog. Oh my goodness is he the sweetest!! He is like a real live stuffed animal. So soft and so snuggly.  We both enjoyed cozy couch time with that boy! 

Watching... Our Father while Carly played with my mom and I hid out (#kidfree) in her guest bedroom this weekend. It was a disturbing documentary (on Netflix) about an infertility doctor taking advantage of desperate patients.  It was awful to witness all they went through, but I also couldn't look away. 

***

The night Piper had her spay, I did NOT get much sleep. 


((sob))



Accurate x3

Haha! Amazing. 

***

1 comment:

Tabitha Studer said...

I love the bow confetti to celebrate you on Mother's Day - that is too sweet. And again with the beautiful flowers?! I feel like you're just rubbing it in my face now (hahaha, just kidding). So wonderful for a girl's weekend away at your mom's house - such a soul refresh I always feel to have one-on-one time with a kid (and your own mom!) xxox