11.07.2022

Around Here: Week 41 2022

 {October 9-15th}




Wofl = waffle
Froot salid = Fruit salad
Her "best guess" spelling is my favorite




Early morning twins twinning



























Watching... Carly do chores on Sunday and loving her zest for trying new things.  She told me a few months ago she wanted to be an adult. When I asked her what that meant, she said it meant being more responsible.  So this week I asked her to walk around with our little downstairs vacuum and suck up all the dog hair clumps she could see.  She did great!

Nebbing... Wyatt this week as he woke up with asthma a few mornings. 

Waking... Carly on the mornings she oversleeps.  I hate waking her up (does that ever get easier?) but I do love the sweet snuggles I get.  Having to wake her makes me love late start Mondays more than ever.  It's a much needed extra hour on Mondays after a weekend spent off-schedule.  She also loves to snuggle the dogs in the mornings.  She's basically a real sweetheart when she first wakes up, and we all love it!

Getting... Carly ready for picture day, letting her choose what she wanted to wear.  She chose (to my delight) her sparkliest dress, and I did her hair in a twist.  She looked absolutely adorable.  I love that girl!

Moving... my (foldable, portable) desk from our bedroom upstairs to the living room downstairs so I can blog, and still be around for the dogs as they want in and out, and want to snuggle near me.  It made me so glad I got the desk I did, because I can move it one handed up and down the stairs. (Click those links to find it on Amazon. On sale for $66 currently!)

Journaling... life lately and catching up.  I try to do this every few weeks so that it stays up to date. 

Taking... the twins to the girls' high school soccer game after working from 3-4 at Carly's school.  Josh had been at the land Monday and I thought he'd go to the land Tuesday as well, but he surprised me and joined me for Carly's last soccer game, which we headed to after dropping the twins at the field.  It was so nice to watch Carly and spend some time just the two of us. 

Talking... about Carly's pencil grip with Josh and my mom. I worry that hers is not "normal", but Josh said it's acceptable. And then my mom showed me a picture of my brother Dallas and my nephew Ferris' pencil grips, and theirs are a bit different as well, which made me feel better. 

Twinning... twins meant I had to take a picture before school.  They hate how often I take pictures, but I remind them that I don't ask much, so the least they can do is smile for the camera. #momlife, amiright?

Going... to bed early on Wednesday.  I was so exhausted nothing sounded as good as climbing in my blankets, and going to sleep!

Watching... The Vow on HBO.  It's about the sex cult NXVIM.  Whoa. So fascinating and sad.  It's been good to watch because it helps me recognize all that was wrong with my church experience that at the time I didn't realize. 

Loving... how Carly entertains herself in the mornings.  She was up before me one morning when I slept in and she spent the time drawing her stuffed animals while sitting at my desk downstairs.  The drawings were absolutely adorable, and I love the way that she mimics me, sitting at the desk and "working" just like me. 
I also love how every time we stop to get the mail, she jumps out to pet the neighbor dogs who live in the yard fenced behind our mailboxes.  They love Carly almost as much as she loves them. 

Escaping... this crazy life thanks to my parents who came into town Thursday to watch the kids while Josh and I enjoyed a hotel staycation here in town, just the two of us. We grabbed Subway for dinner and checked into our hotel.  It was a simple room, with a couch and desk, which was nice, and oh how we needed this time away. 

Sleeping... for ten hours the first night (!!!) and enjoying the complimentary breakfast the following morning.  I spent the morning blogging while Josh watched TV, and then we enjoyed lunch out at Jack in the Box.  Honestly, Jack in the Box was probably the highlight of our weekend for me. The dining room at the fast food restaurant was nearly empty, and the feeling of being off on a Friday left us feeling extra footloose and fancy-free, so we lingered at our table, even once our fries were gone, talking about family, parenting, life, work and the future. It was a much needed catch-up for us, and I left feeling so much closer to Josh. 

Napping... as much as I wanted over our long weekend, and it was so luxurious. 

Ordering... pizza for dinner from Chico's and oh was it yummy!!  We haven't had it since the restaurant caught fire and was rebuilt. It was delicious as ever, and made for good breakfast the next day, too!

Calling.... Logan to bring us a cord so Josh could use my laptop to stream the Mariner's baseball game on the TV in the room. Logan biked it over and Josh was so grateful. The game ended up running 18 innings (can you believe that?!) and ended in a Mariner loss.  Sad day!

Consuming... homecoming pictures from my mom and friend Cyndi as the twins went to their first high school dance while we were gone.  They both went stag, with groups of friends, but it was still exciting to see pictures and hear how it went.  They had fun together, and made it home safe, so I was a happy mama. 

Reading... Magic Lessons (so good!) and A Place For Us (on audio).  Also reading Carly's new Scholastic book order books. I love that she loves books so much! She comes by it naturally!


***





I love these memories that my cousin Kris shared about my Grandma Beverly
who died the year I was born. So special to learn these things about her.




Haha! I love this one.
At our school where I sub, I adore our secretaries.
Life savers, those ladies!


Good options if you're watching your calories.



This is what I've been ordering lately
at Starbucks. It's yummy & only 200 calories.

***

1 comment:

Tabitha Studer said...

Love that you and Josh got away for a little quality time. What a difference some uninterrupted sleep and no "mom, mom, mom" while you're reading can do to your soul! Sounds lovely - so happy for you both!