11.19.2022

Around Here: Week 43 2022

 {October 23-29th}
















I love my sister.
That is all.









Lulu loves cleaning. 
Any time my sister is cleaning, Lu grabs a wipe and does the same.

I love this BABY!




















Logan is the best!







Ecstatic... that two new types of dahlias bloomed this week in my dahlia garden!!! One is a salmony orange and the other is pink, but with a glowing yellow at the base of each petal, and it looks just like a sunset. For sure my favorite one. 

Going... straight from AC to heat, which was crazy. 

Attending... a writing group on Sunday at a local coffee shop and feeling so nervous! I have been feeling lonely lately, and the idea of making time for my writing while also meeting new people was too good to pass up.  The class ended up being lovely, and I am so glad I went. This is me telling you: Put yourself out there.  You won't regret it.

Giving... haircuts to all the men in our house, and feeling emotional about how masculine Logan's jawline is.  His face used to be baby soft and now it's stubbly if he hasn't shaved.  His jaw used to be stuffed with baby fat, his face rounded out.  Now his jaw is strong and angular.  It's so disorienting that this face I used to know like the back of my hand is now suddenly so foreign. 

Subbing... in kindergarten on pajama day and feeling silly in my jammies all day.  It was a fun day for sure.  Then I subbed again on hat day and got to wear my cowboy hat.  I just love elementary school.  The kids enthusiasm for anything out of the ordinary is so sweet, and when they all yell, "Mrs. Cunningham! Mrs. Cunningham!" as I walk out in the morning and they dsicover I'm their sub, just warms my heart to no end. I love it. 

Laughing... hysterically at Jack and his bestie Ainsley as they shared a piece of bacon like Lady and The Tramp.  I know I keep telling you, but teenagers are a different kind of fun, and I'm loving it. 

Pouring... liquid ibuprofen all over my hand and the credenza in the hallway when I expected it to have a tiny hole you have to squeeze the medicine out of, and instead it was a full opening at two in the morning when Carly was having growing pains in her legs. 

Heading... to the grocery store Tuesday morning and as I bagged my groceries the wife of the older couple across from me asked if I was feeding a harvest crew.  Bahaha! I laughed and said, "No, just three teenage boys," and she goes, "So, same." Hahah!  It was strangely validating to have this stranger express that the amount of food I buy for a week is ridiculous. 

Impressed... that Carly is reading Junie B. (a beginner chapter book) already in the beginning of first grade. Our girl is so amazing!!

Making... Halloween sugar cookies and decorating them with Carly and Wyatt after work on Wednesday.  We had so much fun, and I was impressed with Wyatts ability to work the dough and roll it out. (Sugar cookie dough can be fussy to work with sometimes.)  We listened to Christmas music as we worked, and then shared our goods with the neighbors, which they enjoyed.  It was a sweet memory to tuck away from this busy fall season.

Cleaning... Carly's room which always ends up atrocious no matter what I do.  So I just try and clean it up pretty thoroughly every week or two.  The great thing is that it's such a mess because of her amazing imagination, and I wouldn't change that for the world.

Taking... a sick day on Thursday when I was just so miserable.  All four kids were home as well, which appalled my sister (see above) haha! Thankfully they are all really independent and well behaved, and I was able to just drink tea and sleep all day.  I only woke up long enough to ask Logan to bring me breakfast- eggs and sausage and an english muffin and coffee- and then got up for an appointment for Wyatt and Carly with their primary care doc.  Wyatt has an infected ingrown toenail and terrible dandruff, and Carly had a bump on her back that had me concerned.  We got antibiotics for Wyatt's toe, special shampoo for his hair, and the doctor said Carly's bump is normal, just a part of her lower back/spine.  Phew! 
For dinner I rallied and was able to make chicken and dumpings, which is what we all needed.  The twins are sick like me, so we all enjoyed the yummy soup. 

Forgetting... the trunk or treat at the elementary school Friday night which sent Carly into hysterical tears for a little while. Oops. It's just a lot of moving parts to keep track of, and sometimes I drop the ball.  Thankfully we were able to distract her, and I think she forgives us. 

Checking... homework with all the boys as we approach the end of the quarter.  It's always a stressful time, especially this time because the twins are trying to have good enough grades to earn snapchat.  They've had their smart phones for a long time (I want to say two years maybe?), but no social media.  Snapchat is their first foray into the social media world, and we held off as long as possible.  I think they're going to make it, gradewise, and I am glad they had a motivator for keeping their grades up.  

Listening... to The Midnight Library and enjoying the idea that somewhere we are all living out our different possible lives.  It's a fascinating idea. 

Spending... Saturday in Wenatchee shopping at Costco with my mom and hanging at my sister's house with all her kiddos.  We also snuck away to the park for a few hours, which was fun, and I left Wyatt there for a special cousin sleepover for Ferris' birthday.  My sisters' kids were all born in October except Lulu who was born in January, just like all my kids were born in June, except Carly who was also born in January.  Kind of cool! 
We had an extra baby in tow as Baby Brother was staying with Roxanne visiting.  He is getting so big! And we love him so much! He's the sweetest.

***













No comments: