12.17.2023

Around Here: Week 43 2023

 {October 22-28th}








































I loved this picture a friend shared.















Somehow George snuck out the front of the house 
(through the garage) but came to the back door to be let back inside.













Wyatt is just the sweetest older brother. Hah!



Reading... the book called Testimony that Josh was listening to on audio and suggested I read as well.  While parts of it spoke to me, I didn't care for how political it got by the end, and I wished it had more real, emotional experiences from the author. 

Taking... George to the vet after he got out one morning and came back with a limp and a very (!) swollen paw. On the way to the vet the lump started leaking (ewww) and the doctor said it's an abscess, likely from a cat fight injury, so they shaved it and put medicine in it and he should get better quite quickly. He was so good at the vet though. Just nervous, but calm, sleeping in my arms while we waited to be seen. Poor George! That should teach him to sneak outside! As my sister joked, "You're a stay-at-home-cat, George!"

Trunk or Treating... with Carly at her school.  She was the cutest little vet, wearing the white jacket we got for her to be a scientist last year, and carrying her stuffed wolf.  Holy moly was it ever freezing!!! But it was worth it for the joy Carly experienced seeing all her favorite school people.  I am so lucky my girl is so beloved. 

Believing... in God less and less as time passes.  It feels weird to even say that, and I feel a little lost without religion... but I also have a hard time with the faith required to go along with my old beliefs. I am not sure where I'll land at the end of my personal searching, but for now, I'm okay with it just being us and this beautiful world. 

Enjoying... every minute with the kittens, except the ones where they're naughty. Haha! Hadley likes to sleep on my laptop (not super helpful) and on my puzzle table. She's lucky she's cute!  They are officially out of isolation and are doing amazing at using the litter box. I am so proud of them!  They made me laugh this week chasing the Roomba around my room. It was like they thought the could protect me from it. 
In other news, they are getting used to the dogs, which is so exciting, and the dogs are so sweet & gentle, which is awesome. They're the best. 

Laughing... at Wyatt's message for Carly in the shower, "Carly is a poopy head", written with the foam letters.  What a stinker of a brother. 

Sending... Josh off to the Seahawsk game with our brother-in-law and feeling so happy that he could go let off some steam and root for his favorite team. 

Listening... to Logan complain about the haircut he got (that he hates) and assuring him it will grow out and look better in time. 

Attending... my field experience for math with Carly's prior first grade teacher. I adore so many kids in her class, it was really fun!

Sending... the twins to Wenatchee to hang with cousins while Carly and I hosted Romy for the day.  Carly & Romy had so much fun playing- I think they could have played for twice as long- and the twins got to go to a haunted house with their cousin and aunt in the evening. So fun!

Struggling... with the idea that some stories aren't ours to share. Whether we're talking about distant family members or our own kids or spouses, some things that are happening (that are very near and dear to our heart) just aren't ours to share. I've gotten quite the eye twitch this week as a result of one story running parallel to mine that just isn't for public consumption but is taking up lots of space in my brain. 

Finding... ladybugs all over in the house. I think I found three this week? I like to think they're my grandpa's way of saying "hey" and that makes me smile. 

Loving... how much Carly looked like me on the way to school the other morning with my purse slung over her shoulder. Haha!



***

Fell into the Alaska photo void. 
Look at my sweet baby mirror twins. 
Logan on the left and Jack on the right. 

And that delicious chunk baby Wyatt!!!












No comments: