12.16.2023

Around Here: Week 42 2023

 {October 15-21st}






















Can you even?











































Apologizing... to you, dear reader, that this is now a Cat Blog. They're just so cute and I feel the need to share it with the world. They have 100% been the joy-bringers I had hoped they'd be.

Thanking... Josh for hanging the eye/mirror art my sister gifted me that reminds me of my trip to Greece. He hung it for me in the stairwell and I love it so much!

Reading... lots this week, attempting to reduce my stress. My favorite reading is at bedtime with Carly.  We lay side by side in my bed, reading our chapter books, and snuggling under the blanket.  She loves it too. As such, I'm reading The Boxcar Children with Carly, The Leftover Woman, and Shark Heart on audio.  I've never read The Boxcar Children before and I have so enjoyed it! 

Finishing... my single class and starting doubles. I am so grateful to be done with that class I finished. It was so, so challenging. I have never shed so many tears over a class.  My professor would send assignments back, knock points off for the smallest mistakes, and just generally be argumentative in comments on the class discussions. It was so hard. So imagine my surprise when my final assignments were graded and I managed to pull an A- in the class. Oh the relief! Meanwhile, my double classes began and my amount of homework increased tenfold. Thankfully it's only six weeks. 

Laughing... when I saw Carly's soda in the fridge with a label that said, "Carly's soda".  I joked with Josh "Tell me your a little sister without telling me you're a little sister." 

Making... caramel apples with the kids. They honestly didn't turn out great (they stuck horribly to the wax paper and the caramel melted down the apples), but it was fun nonetheless. And having Carly at my elbow peeling caramels as I washed and prepped the apples reminded me of myself doing the same job with my mom in our kitchen growing up. 

Going... to Wenatchee to celebrate my neice Romy's birthday.  Jack drove Carly and I there, and Carly wasn't sure how to feel about that.  She's such a nervous nelly. Haha! But Jack did great. Romy's birthday was at the gym and the kids had so much fun together. In addition to cousins, we got to see Romy's little brother, whom I love so much. It was great to see him!

Taking... Logan to the doctor for an ingrown toenail and having to have half his toenail removed. He nearly flew off the table while receiving the needle for numbing, poor kid!! 

Ordering... a Lore Pemberton calendar for the new year. I love Lore Pemberton's art and am so excited to have it on my kitchen wall all year!

Loving... how Carly took a box and turned it into a rocket that she played with all week.  She drew on it, and played pretend with it forever. She landed on the moon and wore a headphone set upside down like a radio... it just made Josh and I smile day after day. Something about her being the baby makes everything she does feel so bittersweet.  We know it won't last forever and while that is sad... it also makes it very, very precious. 

Visiting... the vet with the kittens and getting bad news.  They have fleas, ear mites and poor Hadley also has ring worm.  Yikes! So we got medicine for them and locked them up in the bathroom while they get healthy. 

Wearing... my new Baby-Sitter's Club shirt that I ordered online. I love it so much!!

***







For Josh:
"I love thee with a love that shall not die,
till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old."
-William Shakespeare

***

No comments: