1.19.2024

Around Here: Week 47 2023

 {November 19-25th}
























My niece Lu

She's a reader, just like me!
















Logan




























Best, most supportive husband ever!

My unofficial transcript ;)













***
Reading... Comfort & Joy, which was okay, but I figured out the ending which was a bummer, and starting Anne's House of Dreams, which I am loving. I am also listening to The Woman In Me which is meh writing-wise but interesting and then I started Counting The Cost which was also meh writing but super interesting!

Celebrating... Thanksgiving with the Raatz' (my family) and eating so much good food.  Josh made bread and rolls and Jack started the crock pot corn & cream cheese.  Everything was delicious. Carly wore her Santa dress (from Aunt Julie- thank you!) and I curled her hair, and when my sister's family got to my mom's house, Carly opened the door, wine glass full of sparkling cider in hand, and in gestured while telling them to "come on in"... my sister was cracking up. She said it was like glimpsing Carly 20 years in the future. Gosh I love that girl!!!

Snapping... before and after pics of my face while I got ready for Thanksgiving. This girl sure cleans up nice!

Eating... pumpkin pie for dessert AND breakfast because IT'S A VEGETABLE and also, holiday sweets are too good to wait for. Plus, it's so good with coffee!!! Haha!

Doing... so.much.homework when all I want to do is lay around.  Thankfully it's finals week. 

Feeling... loved as Jack brought me up a snack as I worked. Chips, salsa & guac never looked so good!

Laughing... at Logan who has three airpod cases with one airpod each inside them. This kid! (smh)

Appreciating... how cute my mother-in-law's new egg cartons are.  She supplies all our eggs (thank you Carol!) with her 50+ chickens, and the eggs are so beautiful anyway, but these new cartons make it even better!

Watching... Carly's little friend so her mom could go to an appointment and loving their girl laughter and the simplicity of their play. When they twins were her age and played with friends it was far louder and more physical. Those two did the sweetest little drawing how-to video. Love them!

Finishing... my finals (finally! hah!) and curling up my bed with two sweet kittens and a good book. Nothing ever felt so good!

Embracing... lots of forehead photos thanks to my teenagers. Haha! IYKYK

Suggesting... some books to Carly's teacher and sharing.  Some of the suggested include: Cutting for Stone, The Snow Child, Sea Glass, The Nightingale, The Island and The Light Between Oceans. So so good!!!

Loving... Carly and her cousins and feeling so grateful that she has four girl cousins near(ish) her age since she doesn't have a sister. This Thanksgiving break she not only got to spend time with  my sister's girls (who live an hour away) but also with Josh's sister's daughter who lives 4+ hours away. Carly was in cousin heaven!!!

Grateful... for my sister this year. There's a lot I don't write about on the blog (privacy and all that) and she has just been there for me in ways I can't even express.  I don't know where I'd be without her. (I also adore her precious little baby!!!)

Photographing... freezing fog which is like sparkles in the air. It felt like I was inside of a snow globe filled with glitter. Pure magic. 

Amazed... at Wyatt's grades, but also at the incredible comments he got from teachers. Literally every single teacher wrote that he was a pleasure to have in class.  Not much better than that as a mom than to hear other adults enjoy your child. Way to go, Wyatt Nathanial. You're great!

Enjoying... sunrises and sunsets lately. All the pinks & purples... I just can't get enough. 

Creating... with help from Josh's sister who made the most adorable, detailed, creative photo album/scrapbook that I added photos from 2023 to. What a fun creative outlet! Thanks Julie!!!

Working... on Christmas cards, getting them addressed and stuffed.  That's always a job that is bittersweet for me because I love wrapping up what the year looked like, but erasing certain names in my address book always hits me hard.  This year there was my Great Uncle Lyle, my Grandpa Jerry and Josh's dad Carl. I just sat for a while, eraser in hand... it feels surreal, honestly.

Loving... the picture my sister sent me of her boys and Wyatt going to the movies alone like big kids. I know I did the same in 7th grade, but when it's your baby, it feels so much younger than it felt to you yourself. 

Losing... my beloved blue Stanley cup. I'm pretty sure I left it at the doctor's office and I am so bummed about it! I called and they said they don't have it. Wahhhh!

Dealing... with laundry as I am so behind. We had three baskets full just sitting in our room for a week as I wrapped up finals, then we had to do laundry again, so it was double the normal amount. It took me forty solid minutes to fold it and put it away. Phew! That felt good to get done!


***






Art by Dina Masa

1 comment:

Tabitha Studer said...

Logan!! On the dirt bike! That amazing and ah, I screamed! Hahaha daredevil cool kid.

The cat sleeping in the baby bed?! Adorable and your transcript - you are a ROCKSTAR! what a lucky school to get you next year!! I am loving Carly's pumpkin pie illustration! Little artist!

Did my sister make your Grady dog bone ornament?!!!