5.21.2024

Around Here: Week 15 2024

 {April 7th-13th}



















My dad got to go see my little brother this week!



Jack holding Josh. Haha!




































Delighted... when I went to my sister's house and her baby, Sweet P, crawled over to me, balanced on her knees and reached for me to pick her up! Awww! I scooped her up and loved on her. 

Photographing... our neighborhood cat, Spaz, and loving how the pictures turned out. He looks like he's smiling in them. Cutie!

Holding... Carly's hand at bedtime, per her request, while she falls asleep and I play music on my phone.  I am just so grateful for her and her tender heart. 

Reading... Why We Read, which started strong and got worse; The Meth Lunches, which is dark, but also important to hear; and Just A Regular Boy, which I highly reocommend. It's so good and I am having a hard time putting it down. It's about a boy taken out to live off the land with his father who then re-enters civilization and has everyone wondering who he is and where he came from. So good!!!

Staying... home from student teaching on Monday & Tuesday with Carly & Wyatt, who were quite sick. Snotty & coughing and a bit feverish.  Wyatt also missed his first baseball game which was sad, but what can you do?

Taking... some photographs of Carly and her double braids, which always remind me of Anne of Green Gables.  She's so cute. 

Answering... Carly's nonstop questions at bedtime. This week it was "How many people are airplanes at any given time?" The answer? 1,270,406 people. A LOT more than I guessed. 

Laughing... at Carly's creation of the "Pepperoni man". I love her labeling. She is a hoot!

Ordering... myself some shirts. One that says, "Moms against white baseball pants" and the other says "Please be patient with me. I am from the 1900's." Hahaha!

Attending... Wyatt's baseball game Thursday, bringing Josh and the twins early since Josh had parent/teacher conferences and couldn't be there.  It was my first opportunity to see the twins coaching, and I was overcome by how good they are at it.  Natural leaders and just the best kids.  We picked up pizza and cookies for dinner, which was lovely, and we celebrated Wyatt getting two great hits during the game. Way to go, Wyatt!!!

Trying... Carly's new (adorable!) pink Birkenstocks on my girl.  Thankfully, she loves them. I think they're going to be really great for the rest of the school year.  Thanks nanny! 

Staying... home on Friday when our school was closed due to electricity issues (people have been getting electrocuted/shocked).  Carly and I spent some time on the porch reading and doing math flash cards once I was done helping my mentor teacher put together some online curriculum for our kindergartners' to access from home. Fingers crossed we will be able to get back to our classroom next week!

Trying... a new Ben & Jerry's ice cream.  It's the "topped" kind, and it has the most delicious chocolate topping. Yummmmm!

Chasing... the sunset with Carly and enjoying some gorgeous pictures.  I love that she's always up for an adventure. Such a fun girl!

Loving... the little bunch of cherry blossoms that Carly brought inside for me and put on my bedside table.

Thankful... that after a period of thinning hair, I finally have full, long, thick hair that sits in a bun on top of my head and looks so full & pretty.

No comments: