1.06.2022

Around Here: Week 50 2021

{December 5-11th}


















Taking... Logan & Jack and their friends Easton & Channing (plus Carly & Wyatt) to the skate park in the next town over.  It was COLD, but we managed to have a good time anyway, and I got to read more of the book I'm reading, which is Once There Were Wolves. It is sooo good! I think it is going to be my favorite read of the year.
The double set of twins had a sleepover as well, and the boys had so much fun, but also came home so tired. Jack fell asleep on the couch, poor kid. 

Sending... Josh to the Seahawks game as his (early) Christmas present.  My brother-in-law's parents gave them a killer deal on seats, and the four of them had an awesome time.  As a bonus, the Seahawks won and it was a great game!! I was so happy for him.

Getting... rid of any and all old Rx's we had.  After reading and watching Beautiful Boy (highly recommend), Josh and I agreed that we didn't need to hang on to old prescriptions of Vicodin or other strong pain killers from surgeries, etc. We don't want the temptation there for our boys as they get older, and we certainly don't want to be responsible for them dabbling in anything just because they came across it in the bathroom cupboard.  
Josh also took the opportunity to double check that all his guns were safely stored, as well as the bullets. 
Parenting teenagers is so stressful, and I am never sure we're doing the right thing, but if we get it all wrong, at least I can say we were trying to be cognizant of any pitfalls and attempted to make our home a safe place. 

Laminating... Kelle Hampton's holiday bucket list as well as her Christmas movie list so that we can be inspired to make the most of the upcoming holidays. 

Blogging... a little bit to try and catch up before the end of the year. I feel like my inspiration for blogging comes and goes, so I have to ride the wave when I'm feeling inspired.

Scheduling... next steps for getting started subbing at our school district. Fingers crossed things will be up and running by the end of January.

Looking... back at the month to track my migraines.  I only had 5 in November (a great improvement from September and October) and only one after my Ajovy shot.  Next week I will take the Ajovy shot again, and I am anxious to see if it continues to curb my migraines. It's amazing to be human everyday. 
I also realized this week that I am no longer napping regularly. I used to nap every day (during quarantine and beyond) and now that I've been on my CPAP for 6+ months, I am no longer constantly tired or sleepy. It's amazing. 

Celebrating... as Santa sent a new friend with Dashy from the North Pole.  The cutest little girl Elf that Carly named Winter.  She sometimes calls her "Winter Flake" which makes us all laugh profusely, and also "Winter Ashley".  Dashy has taken quite a shine to her and we're pretty sure they were wed in the North Pole before she arrived. Such a happy time for them!

Taking... Wyatt to get his second vaccine.  Our family is officially all vaccinated!

Smiling... as Wyatt and his friend spent Saturday afternoon playing Minecraft, talking and laughing together during a play date at our house. COVID, plus moving schools twice has been hard on his friendships and I am always happy when he can hang out with some buddies. 

Wearing... my new earrings from my friend Brittany and loving them!! You should check out her page on Facebook (and like it!) so you can see all her amazing creations.
 Thanks, Britt!

Anticipating... my writing teacher's book "Letters to a Leaving Mormon". While I was not raised Mormon, a lot of their struggles when leaving the church are similar to what happened to me. You can go to ashmae.com to sign up for her newsletter to get more information about when the book will be printed and her process. 

Reading... Pine Island, a sweet book about four orphaned sisters that my friend Brittany sent me; and listening to Come As You Are by Emily Nagoski, a must-read for all women, that talks about sex and how our bodies work. So informative, so good. 

Grateful... that Molly (our kitten) has adjusted so well to life at my parents' house.  She still gets into mischief, like any good cat would, but she doesn't eat clothes anymore. She has adjusted to my parents three dogs, and loves to sleep on my mom's bed at night. I am so so happy for them all.

Loving... the winter sun as it peeks in our windows.  I think because there is less light during winter, I cherish it more when it does show up.

Receiving... the most beautiful, thoughtful gift from my friend Britney's mom, Linda. She has sent me some of my favorite Scentsy wax warmers over the years, and this is hands down, my favorite. The stars light up and it makes the dining room so magical when the lights are out. Thank you Linda! You're the best!

"After all this is over
all that will have really mattered
is how we treated each other."

***


Haha!


*


I made these "santa" snacks for Carly & Wyatt, and they loved them! 
You just need:
Toothpicks
Grapes
Sliced bananas
Strawberries
& a Marshmallow on top

***

1 comment:

Tabitha Studer said...

omigosh - the cover of the Pine Island book - I want to be there! So happy for you that your new medicine is working for your migraines (hope it continues!) and how exciting about your CPap is doing wonders- I am so happy for you!! Your house looks beautiful and cozy decorated and with all the candles - gah, as much as I love all the outdoors and warmer weather - there is something really magical about being snuggled up inside with a book, warm drink, and a candle! I could never live where there wasn't four seasons!