4.28.2016

More Reading in 2016

 I've wanted to up my monthly reading lately since it's so much easier to be on my phone and I can tell my reading habit has been relegated to the back burner. So I went through my book shelf and made a list of all the books I have yet to read and assigned them to particular months throughout the rest of 2016.  I also added our Inspired Reading Book Club Summer Book List Challenge novels to this list & ordered them online.  I may not meet my goal of reading every single one of these books, but I will at least be reading more than I was.

For those who missed it, here's The Inspired Readers Summer Book List Challenge:
If you're thinking of joining us for our summer book list challenge, please request to join our Facebook page and order the May books.  I would so love to have you and can't wait to dig in to some of these reads.  They all sound awesome!

For my personal twist on monthly reading, I'm doing two novels each month, and one "self help" book (indicated by the *).  Some are parenting books & some are religious reads.  Some I've had my shelf for ages and I am excited to have a goal set so I can get motivated to crack them open.

I recently finished reading The Power of Now, and have half of Little Face & most of Women, Food & God left for this week.  We'll see if I can power through!  The rest of the year, I hope to finish (at least) three books a month and then I'll only have a handful of books left on my shelf to finish!

April's books

April:

Little Face by Sophie Hannah
Women, Food & God by Geneen Roth

May's books

May:

The Secrets of Midwives by Sally Hepworth
When I Found You by Catherine Ryan Hyde
*Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids by Dr. Laura Markham

June:

Memoirs of An Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks
Here's to Us by Elin Hilderbrand
*Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings by Dr. Laura Markham

July:

The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain
When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
*Bird By Bird by Anne Lamott


August:

What Was Mine by Helen Klein Ross
Home Field by Hannah Gersen
*Boys Should Be Boys: 7 Secrets to Raising Healthy Sons by Dr. Meg Meeker

Random stack of books

September:

The Rocks by Peter Nicols
Flight Behavior by Barbara Kinsolver
*Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation by Daniel J. Siegel

Another stack


October:

The Shack by Wm. Paul Young
Don't Let Me Go by Susan Lewis
*Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home & School by John Medina

still more to read...


November:

Deception Point by Dan Brown
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
Iron & Silk by Mark Salzman

Must.read.all.the.books!

December:

Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson
Winter Storms by Elin Hildebrand
*Believing God by Beth Moore


I've had some of these for ages!

Books Still On My Shelf:

Rosie Dunne by Cecelia Ahern
The Alaska Brides Collection
My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman
Bent Road by Lori Roy
Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner
Juliet Gordon Low: The Remarkable Founder of the Girl Scouts by Stacey Cordery
Mother by Linda Ann Rentschler
A Good American by Alex George
Three Junes by Julia Glass
Casting Off by Nicole Dickson
How to Fall in Love by Cecelia Ahern
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot

My hope is to finish all these books by 2016, but I started with just three books a month cause that sounds reasonable.  But if I finish my "goal" books early, I will pick up one of the ones still on my shelf.  What's on your "must read" list? Any summer reads you are particularly dying to get your hands on? I can't WAIT to read Here's to Us by Elin Hilderbrand in June.  She's my "go to" beach-read author & whenever a new one of hers comes out, I get all giddy!

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Jerri said...

The only book I've read in your list is The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. I really liked it. It was an eye opener

Hannah Middleton said...

Looks like a good reading challenge! I'm also doing one this year, it's called 52 in 52 (52 books in 52 weeks). I've been keeping up with it, so far, but it's definitely been something I have to be super conscience about.