6.21.2020

light of my life

I love this picture of Josh. 
He looks so happy. So joyful.
So light.

That's what he is to me. 
He is light. 
He lights up the room, 
he lessens the dark.

I am so grateful for him. 
I am grateful for him everyday, and in every way,
but especially I am grateful for him as my co-parent.

In every way that I fail as a mother, he excels as a father. 
I am weak in the discipline department. Too empathetic. Too much feeling.
He knows, though, that boundaries are what kids need and crave.
I am weak at high expectations when it comes to physical labor and hard work,
and he continually shows me that our kids can do hard things,
and do them well.

He balances me out, and our kids are so, so blessed by that. 
I may not get it all right as a mother, and that's okay,
but choosing him as my husband, choosing him to be their father,
that's one choice that I know I got right.

***

No comments: