11.07.2020

Around Here: Week 42 2020









My mom, my dad and I, circa 1986

What school at home looks like everyday

Carly's princesses on her Barbie couch

They're watching TV, naturally


I swear every week someone breaks a pair of glasses
(Notice the missing lens...)





I need this mug (to replace the one Molly broke) Ha!


When Carly got ready for Romy's birthday party
and was carrying her present and lunch bag, she said,
"I look like I'm going on vacation!"




















Isn't my sister is so beautiful?









Following... what has become our routine the last few months, and cleaning house on Sunday to prepare for the week.  The boys clean the bathrooms and their bedrooms, and I take care of the downstairs.  We also watched the Seahawks game, which my boys enjoy with their dad.

Worrying... about my grandparents as my grandpa was diagnosed with lymphoma and was advised to undergo chemotherapy to fight it.  He had a biopsy Monday to give the oncologist more information about what they're fighting, and he started chemo (at a smaller dose) on Friday.  I love my grandparents so much and wish I was closer (they live 6+ hours away at the coast) to help them through grandpa's treatments. 

Grateful... beyond words that Josh was willing to be my hands this weekend.  He and his brother agreed to go and get some projects done at my grandparents house before the real chemo treatments start up. They were able to get so many things done for them, including trimming the hedge; putting up a new fence and re-siding one side of their house.  Thanks, guys. I know Grandma appreciates it, and so do I. 

Surviving... Week 5 of school at home. The boys grades are improving and we're really in a good routine now.  Josh saved us all by buying a tripod for my phone so I can mirror my camera onto the TV, which makes it 100x easier for the twins to copy my notes as we work together through their English and Science lessons. 

Listening... to the rain on the windshield of the van as we drove Carly out to grandma & Papa's land on Tuesday.  Carly made us all pause when she said, "I love the sound of the rain when it hits the windows." 
Same, Carly.  Same.

Enduring... Logan breaking his glasses.  It seems like every week we have a pair broken. Usually from rough housing. #boymom Thankfully Amy, our glasses guru, at our local vision clinic, is amazing at fixing what she can, and patient as can be when it comes to ordering more glasses or working with our insurance on our behalf. Thank goodness for her!

Chatting... for the first time with a psychiatrist I found on DoctoronDemand. My insurance covers meeting virtually through this app, which is the coolest.  I wanted to meet with a psychiatrist to make sure that I am on the best medication for my anxiety, OCD tendencies and migraines.  
She suggested upping my Prozac and trying a blood pressure medication for my migraines before jumping to the monthly shot my PC doc wants to try. So we will give it a whirl.
She also mentioned that my miscarriages counted as trauma and that digging into that and feeling those feelings might be a good idea.  This advice was timely as Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day was this week. 

Visiting... with my bestie for a few hours Thursday.  Time with her is like a breath of fresh air every week. Thank goodness for enduring friendships and laughter.

Suffering... a migraine so bad on Friday that we didn't do school and I stayed in bed most of the morning.  My bestie sent her husband to get the twins (they work for her sometimes, which they love) and when she brought them home again when they were done, she had brought pizza for us for dinner.  So, so kind & thoughtful since Josh was out of town and unable to take care of me.

Letting... the boys take turns sleeping with me since Josh was gone to the coast.  Wyatt was probably the most excited. Gosh, I love that little boy so much.

Celebrating... my niece Romy's third birthday with my sister & her kids on Saturday. We had the best day, with the best weather. It was perfect. Carly helped me choose her present, which was a pair of Minnie Mouse high heels. (They are so adorable!) I also brought Ferris' birthday gift (random fact: all my sister's kids' birthdays are in October!) which was a BOX of computer paper. Haha! He always wants computer paper to draw on, and when I saw that the box wasn't that much more than a ream, I just had to get it for him.  That, plus some new markers, and he was one happy kid! I love being an aunt. It's so much fun!

Ordering... Christmas cards (from Shutterfly at 50% off!) for our family and feeling so excited!  My sister took our family pictures a few weeks back and I'm so grateful for them. I also want to get one of the whole family put on a canvas. 

Starting... to work out and losing two pounds this week.  I was happy to see the scale go down because I'm not at a healthy weight, but the workouts are also really good for my anxiety.  Per instructions from my psychiatrist, I am working on loving my tummy by stopping and telling it that I appreciate it as often as I am in front of a mirror. It feels a little silly, but I definitely HATE it less than I did when I started this experiment. 

Reading... Lila for book club and enjoying her back story so much. I read Gilead, then skipped Home and jumped right into Lila.  So I will go back and read Home (and then Jack, which was just released!) sometime in the near future. I have enjoyed Marillynne Robinson's books... but they are a slow read (I can't devour them... I have to savor them) so I need a break from them for a bit. 

Sending... the kids out to jump on the trampoline whenever we need a break from school, and feeling so happy Josh bought it. These boys' energy levels are off the charts.  If only I could have half of it!

***

"It is the 
bright shine 
of all the 
endured 
sorrow 
that will 
make us 
glow."
-Tyler Knott Gregson 


Remembering... our lost babies on Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day, October 15th.  I gave our lost babies names recently (they came after Wyatt & before Carly) and it has helped me to better mourn them.  
I am beyond grateful for our sweet rainbow baby girl, and I am so sad for any mother who didn't get to have that redeeming rainbow baby experience. Everyday I am thankful that God gave us Carly May.  What a ray of sunshine she is. 

(At the bottom of the list of our kids names, I have listed all our pets. Sukie & Margilo were cats we had before the twins, and most of you know George, (& Ramona, who passed in May), Grady & Molly. 
Also, some of you may not know that my name is actually Rochelle.  Shelly is just my nickname.)

*

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Your cousin pictures are so great. They remind me of so many happy memories of me and my cousins growing up. Family makes the best friends!
P.S. I keep a little list of babies that have been lost too soon and will add your sweet Reid and Bailey. We sure love those little saints in heaven! XOXO