11.26.2008

TWIN SOULS

A look back...
The boys were seven days old when we took these pictures.
They have come so far. I am feeling incredibly blessed.
They are so healthy, eating, growing & being happy.
Smiley, chubby cheeked little cherubs.

Their once tiny feet now kick, splash & wriggle.
Their once tiny hands now grab, squeeze & explore.

Their once tiny mouths now scream, laugh & squeal in delight.


They are brothers.
The other day Jack was crying and Logan reached his hand out
and touched his brother on the cheek.
Repeatedly rubbing his hand down Jack's cheek, he was able to calm his brother.

It is so magical to see them comfort and recognize each other.

Logan was my wise old man.
He was born with a knowing soul.
A learning soul who studied everyone he came across.

His daddy loved & cared for him so well.
Despite his tiny size, Josh was never scared.
His theory: "If not me, who?"

He was my tiny twin.
I was so relieved to have him out in the world
where I could feed him, care for him & be assured of his safety.

Jack was a born snuggler.
He came into the world to hug & be hugged.
He is truly his daddy's son. A near-exact replica.

My most precious early memories of being a mommy
(that first day back in June) are of holding Jack against my skin,
feeling his tiny whisps of breath against my chest.

Seeing Josh as their dad has brought a new level to us.
He's an amazing dad- so involved at every point.
So capable.
So sure.

God has been preparing me for twins since I was two.
My best friends growing up were twins:
Amy & Ann
I also was close to:
Kari & Kori
And am a godmother to:
Dagan & Ilya
I was meant to be their mother & they were meant to be together.
There is something so tender in knowing that at one point they were
one cell, together. One soul. And then they became
Twin Souls.
~
It's beautiful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful writing! and gorgeous pictures! i just LOVE this post!

Anonymous said...

I was going to tell you that you write beautifully too!!! GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE ROXANNE!!

Kristy said...

This is so beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes! God is SO good!