5.28.2009

NO PLACE I'D RATHER BE

The boys & I spent our sunny Thursday afternoon over at my mom's house. My grandparents were in town, so we all hung out & had some pizza.

I was able to snap some pretty cute shots of the boys. Lately I find that I want to take pictures of the them, but by the time I grab the camera, the moment has passed. I am beginning to understand why Jon & Kate signed up to have their lives video taped. All those memories going by unnoticed... uncaptured... unmarked. It kills me.

So I was thrilled today to have my camera on hand & catch my cutie-pies going on their adventures.

Logan & Jack "helping" Papa on the computer.

Jack showing off his "walking" skills. "Walking" consists of up to three steps at a time, then collapsing onto his bum or knees to crawl the rest of the way. He's SO proud of himself.

Logan's "I know I'm being naughty, but I'm so cute that you won't mind" face.
The kid's got me wrapped around his finger.

Logan, Mommy & Jack
(Note my new haircut!)

My absolutely edible Jack.
I want to eat ALL of him:
chubby cheeks, chubby thighs, chubby toes.

Jack on his knees in front.
Logan on his bum in the background.
(These great new outifts are from Costco. Price: $5.97 each!)

Can't believe that's my baby Bogans.

Logan choosing which CD to put in.
Meanwhile, down the hall, Jack is attempting to break into the bathroom to unroll the toilet paper.

We had a great time visiting. It's always nice to see the boys with the family. And nice to have the extra hands pitching in with keeping them happy. I just love coming home to my babies after work everyday.
It's been really hard leaving them this week. The three day weekend was a rude taste of summer so having to go back to work was rough. I cried a few times. One more day and then we get some more family time. I just want to stay home, play games, read stories, eat Cheerios & snuggle constantly.

Soon enough.
Just be patient.
But patient is hard.
Cause there's no place I'd rather be.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

great photos!
i feel the same way about taking the kids' photos! by the time i run and get my camera the moment has passed! OR i have my camera glued to my face & Carter tells me to put it away!

Lynnette said...

Good thing summer is almost here. I just got some cute outfits at Old Navy super clearance sale, I think it's still going today. Seriously cheap, some stuff less than $1.

Eileen said...

Shelly, I know how you feel. This school year can't end soon enough.

Andrea said...

Love your boys' outfit. Too cute!