2.22.2011

I am home...

  Don't let your eyes get used to darkness
The light is coming soon
Don't let your heart get used to sadness
Put your hope in what is true

No matter how the wind may blow
It cannot shake the sun
Lay your sorrows on the ground
It's time to come back home

When the future seems uncertain

Like the coming of a storm
Your loving Father carries his children
When they can't walk anymore


No matter how the wind may blow

It cannot shake the sun
Lay your sorrows on the ground
It's time to come back home
{JJ Heller}   

 It's official:
I am a stay-at-home mom! 

Some things happened last week that made Josh and I re-evaluate our current situation.  We decided that it was time for me to come back home.  So today I went in and gave notice that I would not be going back to work.  I am terrified not to have a steady income, but I have prayed long and hard for this day, and every sacrifice will be worth it in order for me to be home with our boys.  I trust that the Lord will provide and I have the support of those around me.  I am giddy with excitement about being able to spend everyday at home playing with Logan & Jack!

17 comments:

Marilynn said...

I read the words and just smiled and smiled. I am so happy for you honey!!!

Rebecca Jackson said...

WOW!!!!! I am SO happy for you, a tad bit jealous, but truly giddy! I know this is the best thing for all three of your boys and that you and Josh will be able to make it all work out. Congratulations!!!!!

Julie said...

Cool! We'll have to have a "play date" :)

Kathy said...

You will be sorely missed and you know that, but the important thing is your family, so I hope you get everything you dream and hope for. You are truly going to beam with happiness over those everyday moments with your boys. I am convinced all will work out for the best. Those you love are the ones who matter.

Anonymous said...

Yea! I can honestly say that I am so happy for you.

Now, you can throw yourself head first into couponing, mommy crafting/scrapbooking, and all that mommylicious stuff that you've always wanted to do.

-Laura

Lori said...

Oooh, what big news! I wish you the best of luck in the transition.

Aniko said...

Oh sweetheart, I am so very happy for you. I know that God will always keep you in the palm of His hand. Congratulations.

Janelle said...

Things will work out as they should and its time you will never get with them again at this fun age. Enjoy and grow new baby boy healthy and strong in your belly. xo

Kristy said...

SO, SO, SO happy for you!
Continue to rely on God. TRUST him. you can do this. :)

we MUST plan a play date!!!!!!!! its been far too long since I've seen your lovely face!

Rox said...

Is the word, "Finally" appropriate?!!!

Lynnette said...

Wonderful! So happy you finally get to be home with your boys!

Tay said...

I am happy for you.

Motherhood. That's what you always want to do.

Andrea said...

I am happy for you.

Motherhood. That's what you always want to do.

Andrea said...

Opps Ignore Tay's message. I was logged under his e-mail address.

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blogs for quite some time now. I felt empty when you were not able to keep up with your blogging. You are so honest about life and how YOU are feeling. I am so happy that you will finally be able to stay home with those darling boys of yours. Remember if things start to look hard and you don't think you can take another step, remember that god will carry you through your darkest hours. Congrats Cunningham Family. May all your dreams and hopes for the future work out for the best!

Jenn said...

Congrats! I know very well how exciting that must be!

Julie said...

Congratulations! You've been such a trooper to wait for so long. I know you'll enjoy every minute.