2.21.2011

6 months & a walk in the park

On Sunday was I was 24 weeks- 6 months pregnant with little Wyatt.  I cannot begin to tell you how quickly this pregnancy is flying by compared to how agonizingly slow it went with the boys.

 Luckily despite my pregnancy's quick progression, the boys are finding time to work on their big brother skills. Here Jack feeds his baby doll (named Isaiah after his cousin) a bottle oh-so-carefully.

 And Logan works to put a coat on his baby girl (named Baby) so he can take her for a stroller ride.  I think that if I plan this carefully and work hard on their training, these two could raise Wyatt while Josh and I coach from the sidelines!

{Logan}
 I am happy about reaching 24 weeks for a few reasons. One is that I am no longer nauseous or sick. And for that, I am so grateful.  I am also happy to reach 24 weeks because this is the age of viability (the baby could possibly survive outside my womb). And lastly I am grateful because at 24 weeks with the boys, I was hospitalized for horrible gallbladder attacks and shortly after was placed on moderate bedrest.  It was a scary time with that pregnancy, whereas this pregnancy is moving along without a hitch.

 {Logan}
We took the boys to the park yesterday, and it always amazes me how much they can do with their bodies. Logan climbed this little rockwall all by himself, up and down.

 {Jack}
Here, Jack was able to stay on the big kid swing for a while, and was able to jump off on his own when he was done.

{Jack}
They both practiced climbing this scary ladder/monkey bar/mothers-worst-nightmare thing and survived.

 {Logan}

 {Jack}
I like to see how they choose to play with the toys, where they like to explore and what parts of the park they find exciting.  The platform Jack is laying on is (I think) for doing a pretend drive through, but Jack thought it looked like the perfect perch for a mid-play nap.

{Logan}
Lately we've been talking a lot (as one would imagine) about babies, and being in tummies. Jack would like to go back in my tummy, but Logan tells him he's too big.  They are both pretty sure the baby is getting bigger in my belly, and they will occasionally tell me they can see him through my belly button.

 {Jack}
The other day I asked Jack if he was in my belly alone and he answered, "No, Logan was with me."  I wish that via the blog and my written words I could describe the way he said it.  It was with such confidence (even though I have never discussed the idea of them both being my tummy together) that it almost seemed as if he could remember it.  There was a wisdom in his voice that kind of gave me twin chills.

 This also gave me twin chills.  I said, "Put your arms around each other!" And instead, at the exact.same.moment, they both did this, perfectly mirror image of the other and I had the luck of capturing it.

 Then they figured out what I had meant and went for this brotherly love hug.

The boys say, "Hooray for the Baby!"
In just 16 short weeks we will meet him.
He will be here before we know it!

3 comments:

Rox said...

I think it's about time for me to plan a shower for you! Happy 6 Months and hallelujah your nausea is gone!

The Adelman Twins said...

hooray for 24 weeks! and props to you for having logan and jack practice their skills on the dolls- love it!

Aniko said...

I love this, those boys are so wonderful. I can hardly wait to meet Wyatt. How very exciting. I'm so glad that the ickies have finally passed. I found out this weekend that Karina my daughter-in-law, Clinton's wife is pregnant and due in September. So we have babies coming in June, September, and October. YEAH!