2.18.2011

Do not worry...

 “Because you are precious in my sight, and honored, and I love you. . . do not fear. . . I will be with you ...  Do not remember the former things, or consider the things of old. I am about to do a new thing, now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?" 
{bits & pieces from Isaiah 43}


 {Photo courtesy of Jack}

“Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body? More than clothing?  Therefore do not worry about what you will eat, drink or wear, for your Heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added to you.  Therefore DO NOT WORRY about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."  
Matthew 6:25-34

Some good reminders for me right now as some things in my life are changing.
I need not worry, God is taking care of me.

1 comment:

Rebecca Jackson said...

Thank you so much for opening up your heart and living such a true and authentic life. Whenever I am feeling overwhelmed I read this poem and feel comforted in God's promises...

God hath not promised skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways all our lives through;

God hath not promised sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow,
Peace without pain.

God hath not promised smooth roads and wide,
Swift easy travel,
Needing no guide.

He hath not promised we shall not bear
Many a burden, many a care.

But God hath promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help from above,
Unfailing sympathy, undying love.