11.06.2009

17 {whole} months

Our little boys are 17 months old. Nearly a year and a half. We have survived for {roughly} 510 days raising two babies. It feels shorter than that. And it feels longer than that. I can't really remember life before them. I sure can't imagine life without them. They are the light of my life. The sunshine on my cloudy days. They are the realization of a life long dream of mine {Becoming a mother} Raising them for the last year and a half has had its share of challenges. Like this & this. But there were also wonderful memories like this & this.
Every night (whether the day was good or bad) I go into their cozy, dark nursery, place my hand on their bellies {each individually} and thank the Lord for the blessing they are in my life. Then I, too, crawl into bed & go to sleep; knowing that God is watching over them.
I love you, Logan.
I love you, Jack.
~
Here are some great shots Josh got today at home with the bubbas...
I love this one of Jack with the fall leaves in the background through the window.

Josh said he just caught this one {by luck} with Logan's tongue out.

{Sweet, sweet Jack}

{Sleepy face Logan}

{Jack Sawyer}
At this point the boys are learning new words EVERYDAY. It is incredible to witness. Here are (most of) the words they know.
WORDS:
Bye
Daddy
Mommy
Papa
Nanny
Isaiah
Hi
Boo
More
Done
Up
MMM (yummy)
Sukie
Moo
Go
No
Baby
Night-night
Whee!
Ball
Uh-oh
Car noises
Meow
Water
Waffle


The brotherly love I see between them just warms my heart. They hug each other, snuggle & even give each other their binkies or bubs (as we call their favorite stuffed animals) when their brother is upset. It is so heartwarming to see them be so empathetic toward their twin. I am one lucky mama.

Brothers don't shake hands... brothers gotta hug!

The boys signing skills have taken off along with their vocal skills. Here are the signs they know:
SIGNS:
Wave bye

Milk

More

All done

Cheese
Cracker

Bear

Binky

Drink

Eat
Water

Daddy

Peaches
Cookie

Baby

Football
Touchdown

Waffle

Ball

Cereal

Help

1 comment:

Rebecca Jackson said...

I love reading your adventures of raising twins. Thank you for your open and honest heart. The picture of the boys hugging on the floor is priceless!