5.16.2010

crib update

The boys are still climbing out of their cribs. Logan was out of his crib Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning when we went in to get them up. Friday my mother-in-law had to sit with them to get them to stay in their cribs & fall asleep for naps. Then Friday night it took me 54 minutes to get them to sleep. Saturday I was in there for 20 minutes for nap time and only 34 minutes for bed time. Then today for naps was about 20 minutes again, and for bed time it was an hour and five minutes. Jack fell asleep after 35 minutes, but Logan was my holdout. He kept standing up. Whenever I would see his eyes close for an extended period of time, he would then try to stand up, to stay awake.
I was SO grouchy by the time he fell asleep. It sucks because it's working- they don't climb out and they fall asleep eventually- but it is eating up my free time. Instead of being "off duty" at 7:00, it's more like 8:00. And it's making me miserable! I need more time, not less!
We discussed taking off the sides of their cribs, and letting them do the whole toddler bed thing, but I feel bad doing that to my mother-in-law. So I am hoping to make it the next five weeks with cribs intact. Then I'll be home for the summer and we can face that challenge.
It's just always something, isn't it?

1 comment:

Kymberlee - The Mama Midwife said...

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=309775&parentCategoryId=85182&categoryId=85214&subCategoryId=86192

They make them for Pack n Plays too ;)