7.12.2010

Just When...

Just when I am about to lose my mind from a lack of sleep; a lack of ability to follow a conversation or a thought; and a lack of patience in dealing with these boys, they go and remind me how blessed I am. That it's totally worth it. That they, too, are growing & changing, right alongside me.
Last night I was putting the boys to bed and we were in the rocking chair reading a book.  Jack kept hitting the book and I asked him not to do it.  He felt sad and wanted a hug, but I wanted to just keep reading, so I told him I'd hug him at the end.  Logan turned to me and said, "Hug Jack?" So I said okay.
Logan wrapped his tiny arms around his brothers shoulders, patted his back with his tiny, precious fingers, and then he kissed him. Three times. On the temple. 
It is so extraordinary to witness this kind of love.
And he didn't stop there.  Later when I was rocking him and singing "You Are My Sunshine", he sang along, like he always does, but ad libbed a little bit. (Parts in CAPS are what he sang.)
  "You are my SUNSHINE, my only SUNSHINE. You make me HAPPY, when skies are GRAY. You'll never know DEAR, how much I LOVE YOU, JACK. Please don't TAKE my SUNSHINE AWAY."
Again, I just can't explain how amazing it is to witness the  bond that these two little boys have. They really and truly love each other. And I am so privileged to see it everyday.

1 comment:

Marilynn said...

That is so beautiful. And I noticed they are sleeping in exactly the same positions!