9.28.2010

Farewell, Sis D

It's true what they say:
You don't know what you got till it's gone.

My amazing coworker Lisa (who also happens to be my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, my confidante, my sidekick and my life support at work) had her last day today.  I cried a little bit last week when I found out she was leaving. Then again this morning on the way to work, and again as we parted ways when the last bell rang.  (And all the way to my mom's house after that...) I just can't believe she's not going to be there tomorrow.  I can't even imagine being at Lincoln without her. I have come to rely on her listening ear, her New Jersey honesty, and her great sense of humor to see my through the long days away from my boys.  She, too, is a working mom. That is priceless to me.  When I show up crying cause I was short with the boys, or cause they cried as I left, she completely understands.  She's been there, too.  And I feel the tiniest bit better just knowing I'm not alone in my working-mom struggles.
And the way she loves our students...
I just can't imagine that anyone will make them laugh,
follow directions or learn the way she does.

Sis D, I love you.
And I will miss you.
Everyone here at Lincoln will miss you.
~Rochelle

2 comments:

Rox said...

Shelly,
I'm very thankful you had Lisa for the times when you really needed her.

Becky said...

She sure will be missed! :o)