9.27.2010

inspiration

The inspiration for my blog posts comes from all different parts of my life. Mostly my boys, but also my husband, my job, my family and sometimes other blogs I follow. Tonight I was inspired (as I am often inspired) by Kelle at Enjoying the Small Things.  Her blog is like eye candy, and her writing is so poignant and poetic. I can't help but feel the shiver of creativity running from my heart to my fingertips as I read each & every post.
..............................................................................................................................................
Today Kelle shared this quote:

"When it's over, I want to say: all my life I was a bride married to amazement. 
I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms."
~Mary Oliver

 I must ask this:
Can anyone who has given birth to a child,
been witness to their first moments on earth,
not be married to amazement?

Can you possibly hold the being that you and your husband created in love
and not be in awe of the wonders of the world?
Can you look in their deep, knowing eyes
and not be amazed at the miracle of their perfection?
 I think not.

Even now, two years later,
I look at these pictures and feel breathless from gratitude.  

I feel overwhelmed that we created these two beautiful babies
and that they are ours to keep.

~
"The human heart, at whatever age, opens only to the heart that opens in return."
-Maria Edgeworth
Well, baby, my heart is wide open.

1 comment:

Hammacks - You and Me Plus Three said...

They are the greatest gifts we are given ;)