9.26.2010

my kids are funny

 This morning Jack was playing with these clothes pins, and then he put these on the potty chair while I wasn't paying attention. Later I saw them there and just cracked up.
-
We are potty training around here, and it makes for some funny stories. But mostly I love hearing the boys talk about it. I will tell Jack to try and pee more and he'll tell me, "No, mommy. Pee all gone."  Or if I think he needs to go #2 I will ask him and he'll tell me, "No, I fine. I fine, mommy."

Logan is on a new repeating kick, so everything we say, he repeats. This afternoon, while watching the Seahawks game, Josh said, "He totally punked the kicker!" So then Logan kept saying, "Punked the kicker! Punked the kicker!"  He was so happy with himself as Josh and I were giggling.

In the bath tub we have a constant struggle to get the boys to stand up so we can wash their bodies with the soapy washcloth.  Tonight Jack went to sit down and I said, "Stand up, I still have to wash your penis." To which he replied, "I like my penis." Alrighty then. 

At bed time Logan was being naughty, so the third time I went in to give him a time out I took away his dinosaur stuffed animal.  He was really upset, and I told him that if he stayed in bed and stopped crying for a while, I would give it back.  When he finally did so, I returned the dinosaur and shut the door.  From behind the door I heard, "Yay!!! (clapping) Good job, Logan. You stop crying. You get dinosaur back. Yayyy!!!" Jack was so happy for him.

They really get distressed when the other brother is upset or in trouble. This is a somewhat new phenomenon and I am totally fascinated by it. Today I accidentally ran over Logan's toe with our computer chair, and Jack said, "Ouch. You hurt me."  CREEPY!

On a positive note, they are really picking up manners big time. When you are in their way, they say "BEEP-BEEP, EXCUSE-ME" really loud and all together like it's one word.  So cute.  They say please and thank you almost all the time, unprompted.  And we are working on saying "excuse me" if they burp or fart. Right now they just say, "I farting, Daddy." (and then we laugh... not a great example!)

{sigh}
Oh, they are just so much fun.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Ohhh that's where Gustav learned from!! He said "Beep-beep Excuse me". I was thinking to myself, who taught him that?! That's hilarious.

Today Gustav peed in the toilet and he signed, "More pee. Coming!" Then all of sudden his face was RED and he signed, "Hard!" I tried not to laugh. I signed, "You're doing a great job!" He tried again and he couldn't pee more. Then again he signed, "Hard! Wait wait I hear water coming!" He peed again. So hilarious. I couldn't keep my face straight. He made me laugh!

I am thankful for laughter. We need it. :)

Lynnette said...

So funny! I read this to my sister too, we needed a good laugh after a long afternoon of no naps over here!

Becky said...

Soooo funny! Thanks for sharing! Had to laugh while reading your post! :o)

Rox said...

YES, I need to read more blogs like this! Loved it. They make me LAUGH!

Julie said...

Great post! I especially loved the dinosaur story and the laughing at the fart, we do that all the time too!