11.17.2011

He's home!!!

 This is what I have been waiting for! I am sitting here blogging, watching Josh wrestle the boys from the "Nanny Cam" in their room on our TV...

 ...I woke up this morning to someone BANGING on my front door. I grabbed my cell phone and tiptoed to the door where I could hear Josh's parents talking about how I don't answer the door.  Since I could hear it was them, I opened the door & stuck my head out.

 Carl said, "Happy Birthday! We have a surprise for you!" And honestly, all I could think was "it's six AM and it's NOT my birthday." Lucky for me I was too tired & out of it to express these thoughts and that's when I saw him. All the way from Bush Alaska my travel weary husband, still sporting his fur hooded North Face jacket & sub temperature Sorel boots.

I covered my mouth with my hands and said, "I'm not wearing very many clothes!" (I was only wearing underwear & my nursing tank top.) From the back I could hear Laura's reply, "I don't think he'll mind!" And with that he opened the screen door & I threw my arms around him as I shook & cried, "I can't believe you're here!"

I can't believe he's here.

10 comments:

Emily said...

Love your pictures. Enjoy every minute of having him home! And happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Aww! This brought tears to my eyes! What a nice surprise! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

You sure have an amazing man! Soooo happy for u and the kids! What a great surprise!

Marilynn said...

I am so happy for all 5 of you I can't even believe it. Carol and Carl, you are the BEST!!!

Amos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Awww you have an amazing support system! This is just beautiful and made me cry. I am so happy for you and your boys!

Rox said...

Seriously, Carol, Carl & Laura - you guys rock! How on earth you kept this huge, amazing secret I don't know, but I'm so glad you did!

I can't wait to see you all tomorrow on your birthday, Shelly!

Kristy said...

Best surprise ever! so happy for you at this moment! ;)

Rebecca Jackson said...

Oh My Goodness!!!! What an amazing surprise!!! This brought tears to my eyes this morning. Happy Early Birthday!

Angela said...

Best surprise ever!! Enjoy your time with Josh!