11.18.2011

Perfect

 Today was my 29th birthday.

 And tonight as I blew out my candles, surrounded by my loved ones, most importantly my three children & adoring husband, I didn't make a wish. Instead I thought, with a tear in my eye, "This is perfect."

 No need for wishes when life is this sweet.

 And the simple joy of family is so abundant.

 We feasted on chicken & dumplings followed by homemade apple cake with caramel frosting served alongside Ice Cream Renaissance Honey Vanilla- my favorite!

 We laughed with babies...

 We laughed at cameras...

 and we laughed with each other.

We did what we do for birthdays- cake, candles, singing...

And lots of love for the birthday girl!

What was going to be my first birthday without Josh since I turned seventeen wasn't empty like I thought it would be.

Instead it was perfect.

6 comments:

Rox said...

"Theatre. Theeeader. Thedre." I'm still laughing at Logan.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love you and your beautiful family. So great to see you BEAMING!

Andrea said...

My favorite photo of Logan upside and Jack's tongue out HAHA! And of course the last photo 5 of you. Awesome photos!! :)

The Adelman Twins said...

What a beautiful post! I love your family--- feel so glad that I have gotten to know you, your sister and especially your mom so well... U 3 have hearts of gold!- And Shelly, you look so pretty and happy in these pictures...

Julie said...

Nice!

Rebecca Jackson said...

Happy Birthday!!! I LOVE that last family photo!!!

Aniko said...

Yeah!!!! Josh is home...I am so happy for you....what a perfect birthday present.