10.01.2010

autumn...

 Autumn has always been a special time to me.  When I was younger it meant heading back to school and my birthday was coming.  Now that I am grown up with children of my own, it holds all kinds of {wonders}.

 It reminds me of when I was pregnant with the boys (I found out I was pregnant on October 16th, and every orange leaf I saw was a sign of change.)  I remember listening to "Dream" by Michael Buble a lot that fall. I had so much hope for the future... That song still makes me tear up!

I love the fall for the chilly Sundays spent {cozy} at home with my boys, candles lit, making chili and watching football...

I love fall for the {family} togetherness...

I love fall for delicious things made with apples like my mom's {amazing} Apple Cake...

I love fall for the pumpkin patch, where Sunflowers grow among the orange orbs...

I love fall for the boys' joy as we explore said patch, climbing the hay pyramid, visiting the animals in the petting zoo, and picking out just the right pumpkin...

I love fall for Halloween with its jack-o-lanterns, its ghostly treats & its clever costumes...

 I love fall for my birthday. For the opportunity to look back on my life thus far, and blow out the candles on my cake, making {wishes} for what the future holds...

 I love fall for Thanksgiving.  For being surrounded by loved ones, expressing our gratitude for one another and for God's bounty...

 And lastly I love fall for the anticipation of the holiday season. Shopping, baking, decorating, and surprising...
There is such {joy} on its way.
So much to look forward to.
I can't wait!

1 comment:

The Adelman Twins said...

Love this post!!! I love fall too!