11.17.2010

It's a.....

SINGLETON!!!!

And we couldn't be more thrilled!

I had my first appointment today with my actual OB and she agreed to give us a quick ultrasound since we already got a two-for-one deal, as she put it, and were curious about this pregnancy. We snuck into the ultrasound room and she put that warm gel all over my belly. As soon as she put the wand on my abdomen we could see one little baby dancing around in there. She looked up, down and all around and we only came up with one little babe in there. I am so relieved. I guess I didn't realize how much I was on pins and needles waiting to find out if it was going to be multiples again.  The baby was kicking its little feet- piggies & all- and was holding its hand up by its forehead-- so adorable.  It was exciting to see the baby, watch its little heart flutter on the screen and confirm that he/she is a lonely only. The doctor also said, unofficially, that it's probably a girl. She said since I suffered little to no nausea with my twin pregnancy and am suffering all.the.time with this one, it's likely a girl. She said girl pregnancies cause more extreme nausea than boy pregnancies. At this point, I don't even care- I am just so happy it's ONE this time.

9 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so happy for you! I hope the nausea goes away though. My doc told me about this miracle cure. Half a sleeping pill and a vitamin B6 once a day totally helps the nausea. I was crazy bad with #1 and #3 and once I started this with #3 it was a night and day difference.

Rebecca Jackson said...

YEAH!!!!!

Lynnette said...

Woohoo!!
Have you tried candied ginger? Trader Joes has a yummy kind, it might help!

Rox said...

Congratulations again, on a tiny, happy little baby! I can't wait to watch your pregnancy progress, your belly grow and of course to find out the gender!

LIndsey said...

So exciting! I am so excited for you to experience one little baby in there! You will have to blog about the differences! I had no sickness of any kind with any of my girls and neither did my sister or my mom haha but maybe it's just our genes and pregnancies with girls. My sister and I always say we wonder what it would be like to be pregnant with a boy.
I hope that your pregnancy goes great and that little baby continues to be a happy healthy little thing!

Meshelle and Ken said...

My Dr. did that same thing for me as Julies did. Half a Unisom tablet and a vitamin B-6 worked Great. Congrats!!

Kori said...

Yay! I am so happy for you!
The OB and midwife said the same thing to me, since my pregnancies were different too. :) Man, I had to stay horizontal to even feel somewhat okay, I felt so bad for Ethan during that time but he never mentions it and he has a super super good memory... I hope the MS eases soon for you!!
Wishing you all the best and good health with this pregnancy!

Aniko said...

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you.

Claroux said...

YAY for you!!!! You are SO going to LOVE having a singleton after twins. It's seriously a cakewalk compared to twins. And FYI - when I was pregnant with the girls I threw up every STINKING day until I gave birth. With Jax I was only a little sick for the first three months. So, maybe the girl thing is true! Congrats and I can't wait to read about your journey into singleton-land :-)