12.24.2010

baby shakes & a few other things...

{Baby Shakes}
So tonight I was sitting here thinking about how I haven't posted in a few days, and what could I post about when... I felt the baby move. Yes, I know it's early. But when you have had a pregnancy already, that feeling is unquestionable. It was a little flutter kick from the baby.  I've been needing that.  I've been needing this baby to give me something to smile about, as the nausea is usually making me frown... or gag!

{Mold}
 Another thing that made me smile? They finished work on our house.  They pumped out all the water, checked for mold, re-caulked the bathroom and the boys are officially back in their own beds.
And although I am overjoyed to be sleeping in my bed again, I also kind of miss laying down with them as they fell asleep each night.  They're so cozy and sweet.  Whoever would lay next to me would occasionally reach his hand out to make sure I was still there, or to stroke my face.  Jack would trade me bubbas so he'd fall asleep hugging my {HUGE} teddy bear and I'd fall asleep hugging is {tiny} teddy bear. And no matter how far apart they started the night, by the time Josh and I would go in there to re-locate them into playpens, they would end up two peas in a pod, all snuggled in next to each other.

{Zoo Lights}
 This was our first year taking the boys' to zoo lights
at the Oregon Zoo.
 {Josh & Jack}
We got to ride the train...
 {Me & Logan}
and see all the beautiful sights.
It was a cold night, but the boys were super patient about waiting our turn in line for the train, and seemed to really enjoy the train ride.  We did the whole trip sans stroller, and it went beautifully. It's so exciting to me to be doing things that I have looked forward to for so long (like zoo trips without a stroller!)

 {Playdate}
 Today my friend Rachel (a friend from high school) had myself, my kids & our friend Jolene and her kids over for a play date.  The kids played really well together for the most part, (Logan really doesn't like to share and that makes it tough to play with  five other kids) and I know I had fun chatting with the girls about the joys of parenting.

{Dominic & Logan}
Dom is Jolene's two year old cutie, who is just as handsome as could be. His hair is the most beautiful red and I drove home having hair envy!

 This is Jolene's littlest one, Abigail.  She is just scrumptious and has the most adorable scowl I have ever seen on an 18 month old!

 Landon & Jack really hit it off and when we left, Jack said, "I love you, too!" to Landon.  It was so cute. And Rachel's littlest one, Cameron, got me excited for having my own little girl. She was so fun and loved hugging on all the other kiddos. 

and finally...
{Merry Christmas Eve!}
May your Christmas morning hold lots of magic!
Love, Jack & Logan

2 comments:

Rox said...

So exciting that you felt the baby move! Your 15 weeks, right? I felt Ferris at 16, but you already have kids so you know what to feel for!

Rox said...

you're*