1.01.2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas this year was  magical.  Between the amazing generosity of our friends (& strangers!) and our families, the day was filled to the brim with gifts, laughs & happy memories.
Christmas morning, as always, was spent with the Cunningham's, having our annual Christmas breakfast.
 Then we tackled our pile of gifts. Word of the boys' love of Thomas the Train got out and they were spoiled with Thomas lunch boxes, wall decor, tracks & trains.  They also got their first Scooters. They LOVE their scooters.
 Gustav also loves Thomas. Here he is with his daddy signing "train."
 After breakfast with the Cunningham's, we came home and the boys & I took naps.  Then we freshened up and headed to the Raatz' household for dinner. Here Jack is cheesing it up for the camera.
 Photo op:
Sweet brother hugs!
 And kisses!
 Jack signing "music" because Logan was playing with Nanny's CD player.
 Logan's "cheese" face. 
Love it!
{PS- Thanks again for the outfits, mom. I love the cords & sweaters!}
 Ferris was not feeling well on Christmas.  Roxanne took him to the doctor the next day and the poor little guy had an ear infection.  :(
The boys love to color at Nanny's house.  This time was funny because they were standing so that left-handed Logan kept elbowing right-handed Jack. I had to help them swap places so they could have some elbow room.
 Our entire families were there at both Breakfast and Dinner, which was so nice. We got a pic of the Raatz clan, courtesy of Dallas' friend Taylor who was along for dinner.
{Megan & Dallas; Shauna, Isaiah & Dalton; my parents (Marilynn & Barry) in back; Me, Jack, Josh & Logan; Roxanne, Ferris & Blake.}
 My favorite gift:
This years top gift was a surprise. It's a framed list of all the reasons Josh loves me, along with a photo of us, and a photo of our boys. Two of my favorite reasons?
I love that the little notes you put in my lunch
I love that you need all the covers to stay warm
(He knows me well!)
Shelly, Jack, Logan & Josh
 ~
Overall, our Christmas was really lovely, and we all felt overwhelmed by the generosity of those around us.  But above all, it was so nice to spend the day with our families.  This year especially I was thankful to be here celebrating with them.

3 comments:

Rox said...

Blake would like it Josh could please STOP raising the bar! Hahaha, he's amazing!!!
I'm glad you had a Very Merry Christmas!

Rox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aniko said...

I love the family picture.