5.25.2011

37 weeks + 4 days

{all packed}
So, our third son is due in 18 days. June 12, 2011 is my "official" due date, although the ultrasound measured him as being due June 9th.  For those of you who don't know, our first two sons were born on June 6th.  I think it would be totally awesome to have all three of our kids on the same day.  Since Logan & Jack already have to share their special day, I figure what's another brother?  Mostly I love that their birthdays will all (most likely) be in June, and then six months later we'll have Christmas. It's a perfect balance of child spoiling.
{adorable "Wyatt" wreath from Julie}
I am currently the most pregnant I have ever been. I gave birth to Logan & Jack at exactly 37 weeks.  So I'm in new territory here.  It's funny- for a while the pregnancies felt quite comparable (having gallstones with Jack & Logan; being morning sick with Wyatt) and then later at the start of the third trimester, when I started having trouble sleeping & getting my shoes on, it still felt about the same as when I was pregnant with the boys. Up until about 33 weeks.  The last four weeks, though, have been quite tolerable.  I can still put on my own shoes, paint my own toenails and get completely ready without having to sit and take a break on the couch.  None of those were possible at this point in my twin pregnancy.
{my belly & pretty toenails}
 I don't sleep well and my back hurts- those are my two biggest complaints. And I think those are very common.  I snore like a chainsaw (God bless my poor, poor husband) and I find myself sounding like an 80 year old man when I try to get up off the floor.  Oh, and I am starving. The last week I have just been famished. I eat and I eat and I eat.  And still, the baby wants more! 
{vaginal birthing book}
Otherwise I am feeling good, and working hard on preparing for his arrival.  I have been nesting like mad, washing all his tiny clothes & blankets, organizing other parts of my life, and reading about vaginal births.  I am hoping for a VBAC and considering doing it sans drugs...
It's funny- this is my third kid, so I feel like I have the 'parenting' thing down. I'm a pro. But when it comes to this whole 'birthing' thing, I am such a rookie!  My fear is that I will not be strong enough to withstand the pain of labor.  I also worry about his health. Even if I can get him out of my body in one piece, will he be okay?  We opted with both our pregnancies to forgo any screenings, knowing that whatever will be will be.  But that also has me wondering if he is alright.
{birthing gown}
According to my weekly Baby Center updates he is roughly 6 & a half pounds and 19 inches long- basically the same size Jack was at birth (6lb.13oz. & 18" long).  I went to the doctor today and although I have been having intermittent contractions, my cervix is still closed, but it is softening.  I've got mom sewing like mad, trying to finish Wyatt's baby blanket before he gets here.  She's already finished my birthing gown, which is gorgeous; and is also working on making a Hooter Hider for me to use while nursing.  Meanwhile, I am crossing things off my own To-Do list, like purchasing infant ibuprofen & gas drops, a baby book, and newborn socks.  Josh and I stayed up until nearly midnight the other night rearranging the living room to make space for the pack-n-play. 
{new living room setup}
 I feel like I am about as ready as I'm gonna be.
Last night I took a bath and as I lay there staring at my belly, which was rolling about with elbows & knees, I saw what I think was Wyatt practice breathing. A slow, constant, up & down motion on the left side of my belly that was not hiccups.
So apparently Wyatt's ready, too.
Now we wait...

3 comments:

Julie said...

When I read about you watching your belly I had a little baby envy and then my kids started fighting and it wore off ;) I'm so excited for you!

Aniko said...

I love the new set up. I also love the idea of the boys all having the same birthday, that would be cool, I will pray....maybe God will give us a yes

Krystle said...

I hope you get your VBAC. Nobody in Southern Oregon does those...so if we had more I'd have to do another c-section :/
Hoping these days go fast, and then slow as I know your hubby leaves soon after!