5.27.2011

Little Moments


Josh was off work Wednesday to get finger printing done as part of the process of getting his Alaska teaching certificate, and he was off yesterday because I wanted him to watch the boys so I could go to the baby shower my former co-workers were throwing in my honor.  So I took full advantage of his being home both days to run errands with just one child, not two!
Wednesday afternoon I took Jack with me to Motherhood to pick up some nursing bras & tanks. I figure if I am going to make this whole breastfeeding thing work, I better be prepared! It was amazing how much easier it was to shop (let alone try on clothes) with only one toddler running amok.  While we were there Jack spotted some stuffed animals. He held up the most adorable elephant and said, "Mommy, we should buy this for Wyatt!" So that is exactly what we did.  When my sister brings the boys to the hospital to meet Wyatt for the first time, I will have each boy bring the "bubba" they chose for Wyatt.  I think it will be sweet!
Wednesday night (after Jack & I got home from Motherhood) Josh and I dropped the boys off at my mom's so we could meet up with some of his friends from the WSU Teaching Cohort. It was great to see everyone, hear about their experiences this year and was especially nice to touch base with Jana, who just wrapped up her first year teaching in the Lower Yukon School District where we are headed.  Unfortunately, Jana's village is quite far from ours, but it brings such peace of mind to know that she went and she survived it, and now there is someone I can ask all the questions that pop into my mind!


Before we left the boys at my mom's, though, we were visiting with my sister, who was also there. Both boys came up to me, independently, and said, "I'm ready for you to go now, mom," or "Can you leave?"  They know that they have better run of the house with their parents gone!  I was cracking up!

 
So Thursday it was Logan's turn to run some errands with me. We went to Babies R Us to look at carseats because although I got one for free, I am considering purchasing a new one. The used one I got is adorable and in fantastic condition, but does not have the strap adjuster in the front. So I would have to change the strap tightness from the back each time before I left the house.  Trust me, it's going to be a pain!  I haven't decided yet just what I am going to do, so Logan & I did a little comparison shopping and checked out the inventory.
Then it was his turn to choose a bubba.  I handed him about eight different stuffed animal/blanket snugglies that I thought he might like to choose from. I so wish I had had our video camera with me. He was like a girl picking shoes. He would pick up each one, rubbing it, commenting on if it was soft, or silky, or warm, and then he would use his thumb & pointer finger to test the tags.  A few were immediately rejected.  Finally he had to decide between a bubba who was only warm & cozy, and one who had a silky backside on the blanket. In the end, he chose the one that, like his, has a silky underside.  Watching him agonize over this decision just melted my heart. He is so cute!
On the drive home he told me he saw Grandma Woo Woo's car.  "I like her," he said. "I like Grandpa Jerry, too. Great Grandpa Jerry. He plays with me.  He is funny. Daddy's funny, too.  You can leave me with Grandma Woo Woo and go bye-bye, mom.  She will take care of me."  
I just love to hear his rambling thoughts!

1 comment:

Rox said...

Ohh I can't wait to see Wyatt's new bubbas! Is "Wyatt" going to get them something...?