6.28.2011

Big Brothers

Thursday (June 16th) the boys got to come meet their little brother.  As soon as they walked in the door I bent down and started to scoop Jack up in my arms.  "Shelly!" my mom yelled from across the room.  I realized in that moment that perhaps picking up my 35 pound son less than 24 hours after abdominal surgery was not my brightest idea.  But I had missed him so much, I couldn't help myself!

{Jack & Wyatt}
As the boys walked into the room, they both asked where Wyatt was.  
Then they each wanted to hold him.
Jack held him and touched his eyes & hands.
He really wanted Wyatt to open his eyes.

{Logan & Wyatt}
Logan held him & gave him the bubbas he & Jack had picked out.
He wanted Wyatt to hold the bubbas.

{Logan, Wyatt & Nanny}
They enjoyed looking him over
and were so sweet.

{Mommy, Jack & Wyatt}
I was so overjoyed to see my beautiful boys meet their little brother.
I loved watching them embrace him
and accept him into their hearts so openly.

------------------------------------------------

  LOGAN

















Each of the boys came to visit Wyatt, Josh & I in the hospital one more time.
Josh's sister Laura brought Logan in to see us.


















He was so happy to see the baby, hold him, and love him.

He took the duck bubba he had picked for Wyatt, found the tags and ever so gently rubbed the tags on Wyatt's face.  It was the most precious thing I have ever seen.

-----------------------------------------------------

JACK

















My dad brought Jack in to see us.
He wanted to climb in the bed to hold Wyatt.


















This is how he smiled for me when I pulled the camera out.
Such a silly boy.

He really checked Wyatt out.
Took off his hats & socks, held his hands, and tried opening his eyes again.
It was so cute to watch him explore his little brother.

_________________________________________

When we got home from the hospital on Saturday afternoon, the boys were going down for naps.  They weren't asleep yet, so I went into their room to try & lay them down.  As soon as I came in, they lost it.  I have never in my life heard either of them cry the way they did that afternoon.  Logan wanted to get up, so he started tantruming like mad when I told him he had to go to sleep.  And Jack started crying just because.  So I sat on the floor in their room, Jack curled up between my legs, sobbing, in the fetal position; and Logan sat on my thigh, alternating between screaming at me and crying hysterically.  I just rocked them, murmuring that mommy & daddy were home for good, and that I loved them.  
They cried for a good half hour before I could finally get them into their beds & off to dreamland.  They napped for three solid hours and woke up excited to see & hold Wyatt.
That was the extent of their post-baby meltdown.  It was intense, but short lived, so I feel pretty lucky.

And ever since they have been nothing but amazing with Wyatt.
Such good, sweet big brothers!

1 comment:

Kori Sutton said...

I can only imagine how sweet they are with Wyatt! <3 I can't wait to hear/see more of all three of them as they grow!
LOVE the pics!