9.20.2011

Ten Fritty

I got the boys watches a few weeks back. They love them. The watches have firetrucks on them.  I let the boys (independent of each other) choose what design they wanted. There were diggers, frogs, balls & firetrucks to choose from.  They both chose firetrucks.  The watches light up. And the coolest thing is they have a one year "if you lose it, we'll replace it" guarantee. Awesome, right?
But the cutest thing is that the boys are constantly checking their watches and telling me that it's "ten-fritty." Adorable!

So, I have a friend.  He's black.  He is one of the two black people my children have ever met. (One being my nephew, Isaiah, who is 12.)  So the boys met this friend at the garage sale when he stopped by to support us.  Then this morning I was watching the Today show and Al Roker came on to tell us the weather and Jack said, "Mommy, is that your friend? From the sale?" 
I laughed out loud.

We were driving to Costco, which Jack kept calling "Mexico", and Jack asked if we were going on the freeway (he always asks me this) and I told him no, we weren't going on the freeway. Then I asked why he wanted to know. He said, "I don't want to go on the freeway." I said, "Why?" And he told me, "Cause I'm spazzy!"

What is it with kids and farting/pooping? Here are three stories for the books:
1. Jack starts laughing randomly on the couch and says, "They say Poo Poo Heads." I asked him who says that. And he told me the bugs on the Bug Movie. 
2. The boys along with their cousin Gustav took turns for about twenty minutes yesterday blowing raspberries (AKA- making farting noises) on baby Gisele's belly. She was very tolerant of their raspberry blowing & incessant giggling. Boys...
3. Logan went to the bathroom and was hollering for me to come wipe him. I told him I would, in just a minute.  Then he said, "Mom!?! Are you coming? Are you going to come see my holy poop?" (I think this is because when something big or exciting happens, I tend to say "Holy cow!" I guess it was a big or exciting poop...)
~
And on a sweet note, this morning Jack was talking to Josh, and before he hung up he said, "I miss you, Daddy." And tonight, after the preschool Ice Cream Social, I sat in the parking lot crying, missing my husband, and Logan rubbed my back.  They really do make this easier.

3 comments:

Julie said...

When I'm taking them home they always ask me if we're going to go on the freeway, and that they don't want to. Maybe it's because a few weeks ago I told them they had to shut their windows, because it's too loud with them open on the freeway. They're so hilarious!

Rox said...

Oh wow, the things they say crack me up! When they were here playing at my house last week Jack said, "I'm mad at you, Logan!" And Logan (in a sweet voice) said, "No you're not. We're friends!!" Jack must've believed him because he didn't say anything else and they ran back into Ferris' room to play. Haha!

Rox said...

Also, I'm sorry you missed Josh at the boys' Ice cream social at school. You can vent to me anytime about it. I didn't have kids yet, but I remember that feeling of wishing so bad your husband was there to share the moment. You two will be together again soon, only 10 days until October 1st... Maybe you'll get THE CALL that day!