9.23.2011

Sail Away

I've been sick.  Like, the flu sick.  Completely miserable for about three days. It's tough being sick with a new baby.  It's tough being sick with three year old twins. It's tough being sick without a husband to help you out. Then you combine all those, and it really feels like my life is survival of the fittest.  I managed to stay hydrated and get plenty of sleep despite all of my responsibilities.  And I was lucky enough to have my mom, sister & good friend Katie rescue me when I needed.

Times like this make me feel almost claustrophobic about Josh being gone. I get kind of panicky that he can't just come here and be with me.  Then last night we were talking about housing, and if it's not done or there is a delay and I could feel my heart palpitating. It just has to be done in October. It just has to be.  I can't stay here any longer than that without him.

I mean, we're managing. The boys are loving school, and the baby is so easy. Plus the garage sale is over, and I have a pretty good idea of what's going to Marshall and what's going into storage... Right now life is pretty well under control my being sick aside. I was not feeling so good earlier this week when I was still (six weeks later) trying to rectify our pre-existing condition exclusion on our new health insurance. This would mean Josh's epilepsy & medication would not be covered.  The new insurance company wanted one form and my old insurance wouldn't give them that form. blah,blah,blah. Hours on the phone later, and we had a three-way phone call that *hopefully* solved the problem.  But in this moment, things are good.

The weather is changing and I can feel it speaking to me.  Warning me that I'd better get to Alaska quick before the snow & darkness encompass Marshall.  I am ready.  I am ready to be there with Josh. I am ready to make new friends. I am ready for this adventure to start already.

 "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore. Dream. Discover."
-Mark Twain


2 comments:

Joshua said...

I'm ready too.

Julie said...

While I'm really excited for you to be together again, I'm a little selfish and don't want you to go!