10.04.2011

Distance

The other day we went to see my mom for the afternoon. Our future departure was starting to get to her, so we decided to go cheer her up.  I told the boys we should pick her some flowers. Logan picked one tiny dandelion and Jack uprooted an entire pansy plant from the front flowerbed and gave it to her, roots, dirt & all.

We headed to the park by Nanny's house where the boys took turns pushing each other and pretending to be knocked down.  They played this game for the longest time. I don't think I've seen them play that long together without fighting before.

I just sat on a bench nearby, eavesdropping on them.  They managed turn taking & figured out the rules of the game together. It was fascinating to watch. 

Sometimes when I get a little distance from them, I can see the draw of twins.  Their movements are so similar. Their ideas & how they problem solve are similar, if not identical.  Their giggles harmonize.

It was good for my heart to see them cooperating and enjoying each others' company because many days it seems they only go near each other to cause trouble.  They fight like crazy, hit, kick & steal toys. Makes me quite nervous for our move to Alaska where we will all be stuck in the house together for long amounts of time.

Of course, we hope to spend a lot of time in the gym at school, but our schedules won't be near as packed as they are now.  It's good to see them play side by side and to see them interacting in a positive manner.

(I had to throw this picture in, too. The boys have taught themselves how to bike ride standing up, and every time they do it, I can see Josh in them. I can picture him, riding off with his friends in high school on his bike, strong calves pushing the pedals, joking with his buddies. It makes me smile. The boys just think they are the coolest when they do it. And that makes me smile, too.)

2 comments:

Joshua said...

Oh they are pretty cool. Cute pictures of them falling down. Love you

Mama Voss said...

I love watching them figure it all out! Speaking of being indoors... I saw some cute ideas for indoor games on pinterest... are you on there yet. It is fabulous! I will send you the ideas when I get a chance... bubble wrap hopscotch and creating roads in the kitchen with painters tape.