12.09.2011

Paper Wyatt

{Wyatt :: 6 months :: taken with Samuel's Paper Camera App}

























I am loving living with my in-laws. There are so many blessings here. I fall asleep peacefully every night knowing we are safe. And I so enjoy having someone to talk to everyday.  My brother-in-law is awesome. Hilarious, helpful.  The boys love him.  My mother-in-law helps with the cooking, cleaning & laundry. As well as playing with the twins & holding Wyatt whenever I need a hand.  My father-in-law even pitches in with the kids while he's home, tossing the ball around with Jack & Logan, or bouncing Wyatt on his knee.

Carol  (my mother-in-law) set up a Days of Christmas countdown for the boys and every morning they get a little treasure or treat. They are loving it. This morning they got erasers & she taught them how they work. Jack spent the whole morning scribbling & erasing in a notebook on the kitchen table.  And yesterday she bought us some colored clay so we can make handmade ornaments for Christmas.

The transition to living here has been much smoother than I imagined, and I'm not spending all my time holed up in my room like I thought I'd be.  Most often I am in the family room with Wyatt, camped out on the couch, watching Dog the Bounty Hunter with Carol.

I am so relieved to have our duplex empty, our address changed, and our belongings shipped. Josh has received roughly half of the boxes we sent.  He said he's stacking them up in the playroom for me to figure out when I get there.  When we talk, his voice echoes through our currently empty house.  He says it's worse now. Now that he's there, alone, in the house where I should be, it's so lonely.  Before he had his roommate at least.

I am just excited at this point. Not sad at all.  I think the sadness will hit. Eventually. But for now I am just enjoying feeling this way.  I am looking forward to falling asleep in Josh's arms. I am looking forward to life slowing down. I am looking forward to setting up house in a brand new place.  I am looking forward to our family being together & life being normal. Well, as normal as it can be in Bush Alaska.
---
I have a Little Moments post that I've been adding to since early November, and I hope to post that, as well as get my Christmas cards out over the weekend.  Gearing up for Josh's homecoming & Christmas will be keeping me busy for sure for the next two weeks. Can you believe that's it? Only 14 days until he's home again?

Yeehaw!!!

3 comments:

Barb Miller said...

This is an exciting time for your family. I am glad you are enjoying it! And paper Wyatt is cool!

Rox said...

Carol is so thoughtful to do an advent calendar/treats for the boys, what a great idea!

Krystal said...

You are going through so many changes with 3 young ones! I am trying to read to see what life would 3 would be like, because I would like to have just one more after the twins some day. Sounds like you are a super mom!!