1.20.2012

lucky number seven

 This adorable bundle of squishy love turned seven months old on the 15th.  
I can hardly believe he is now closer to his first birthday than his birth.

 He is still a pretty easy baby, but only during daylight.  
At night, I think Josh sprinkles water on him and he turns from an adorable mogwai into a gremlin.
The kid doesn't sleep!  He gets tired around 8pm and goes down great.
He'll sleep from then until about midnight. And then he's up every hour crying.

 During the day he still takes three naps. 
He takes one around 9, another around noon, and another around 4 or 5.
I haven't started feeding him "real food" yet. 
(Look at those thighs- he's obviously doing fine without it!)
We actually just got our shipment of baby food yesterday,
so I am thinking that tomorrow we will try it out.

He has two teeth, both on bottom, and drools all the time.
But I've yet to feel any more suspicious lumps that could be more teeth trying to pop through.

 He can roll from front to back & back to front easily.
And he's really getting good at sitting up.

 He's quite the princess, like his brother Jack was, and prefers being held.
He will tolerate the high chair if he has just eaten, or just woken up.
Otherwise, I hear about it.
It's hard here because I don't have anything else for him.
I am thinking I may order a Jonny Jump Up or an Exersaucer from Amazon.
Mommy has lots of boxes to unpack & work to do, and if baby was happy, I'd get a lot more done!

 How great are his back rolls in this one?  
At his last appointment (for six months) he weighed 21 pounds.
I am thinking this little chunky monkey is responsible for my 5 pound weight loss last week.
Toting him around is like a workout-- especially up the stairs!!!

Other than not sleeping (which may be because he's been a little sick), I have been impressed with his ability to adapt so well.  He is napping every nap in his crib, which is new, and is creating a pretty regular schedule for himself all on his own.  He loves to interact with his brothers, and seriously lights up when Josh gets home.  He brings all four of us so much joy.

We love you 
Wyatt The-thanial
(that's what Logan & Jack think his middle name is)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I love him so. What a rolypoly little ball of joy- I just want to filbert him. Love those blue eyes too.

Marilynn Raatz said...

Oh my gosh!! His cuteness just keeps multiplying!! He makes me smile. What a doll! Give him a snuggle from Nanny please! xoxo

Rox said...

What fantastic pictures! Oh he's squishy and adorable and how does he get CUTER?! His hair looks so handsome, it'll be fun to watch it grow and see how blond it gets. Big squeeeezee to "Baby Wat" from Ferris & I!

Barb Miller said...

Wyatt is so adorable!