2.02.2012

personality

 This kid is getting a little personality.
Actually, he's quite suddenly got loads of it.
---
Yesterday afternoon I was giving him a bath and I had him sitting on the floor of the tub, letting him splash like mad.  He would reach his hands under the water, studying them intently.  Then he'd rip them up out of the water and splash again.  Then he'd pull his head back [blink, blink, blink] and splash himself again.  It was adorable.
Well, soon enough play time was over so I sat him back in his reclined bath seat to wash him when all of a sudden he does the biggest back arch I've ever seen, nearly slipping out of my hands like a fish, trying to slither back into the water & screaming at me like I pinched him.  So I obliged and sat him back in the water. [smile] He was quite pleased with himself. To be sure this was the game we were playing I tried once again to put him in his seat and whoo! Was he ever angry!  So this little one is going to be a water lover like his big brothers, I guess!

Then today at nap time I laid him down awake in his crib, as I have been doing lately, and went to check on Jack & Logan.  When I came back into his room his binky was out.  I put it back in and tried to stroke his face, convincing his eyes to close.  Instead he giggled, filled his chubby little cheeks with air and POP! blew out his binky.  "No," I reprimanded him, putting it back in.  He looked me square in the eye and POP! did it again.  Such a little bugger!

4 comments:

Mars said...

Oh man, he is so CUTE!
I can't remember if I ever thanked you for your comment on my blog. If not, thank you, it meant a lot to me, it really did. :)
I have to admit I stalked your blog a little after that - and it was so fun to read about your little family and your new little Alaskan adventure!

Marilynn Raatz said...

He is so darling!! I like that he knows what he wants. And it sounds like he is going to be funny!!
Wonderful pictures.

Rox said...

Look at your little butterball! He is a beautiful little gerber baby.
And is that baby food on his face in the first picture, how's that going?

Julie said...

He is such a little doll!! So funny (to me) popping his binky out. Kiss those sweet little cheeks for me!