4.19.2012

Someone You Could Never Thank Enough {thank YOU! Thursdays}

I am following Tabitha over at Team Studer, in doing "thank YOU! Thursdays".  I am going to be one week behind her themes, but each Thursday I hope to thank someone near & dear to my heart.



Last week the person was Someone You Could Never Thank Enough.  There is an impressive list of people who fit this theme (Mom, Julie, Josh, Carol...) But this morning I was remembering when I brought the twins home because my friend Heather over at Twinsanity just announced her fifth pregnancy, which will be her seventh child (yes, she had TWO sets of identical twins!) and I am wondering if she'll get twins again, or a singleton.  So, as I said, I was remembering how overwhelming bringing twins home was. 

{2008}
Then my sister came & did night duty, and she saved.my.life.  She stayed up with the babies, holding them, rocking them, loving them, just like they were her own.  And when I woke up to nurse, she would stay awake and visit with me, bringing me grape juice & animal crackers to munch as I fed & pumped.

{2008}
I think that the sister who has babies first is lucky.  I got a sidekick, a helper, a built-in baby-sitter who loved my children as if she herself had bore them. 

{2009}
The only unfortunate side of her loving my kids so much is that she then wanted her own! And I lost my weekend-out-of-town nanny. (Only kidding!) 

{2008}
  She came to help when I was doing evening duty by myself when Josh was in school, she would go to the park, the store, with us. 

{2008}
Anytime I needed her, she was there.

{2007}
I could call her crying, and she would listen.  I could call her laughing about something the twins did, and she, too would start to giggle.  I am so blessed to have a sister.  And not just any sister, but a sister who is loyal, honest & funny.  But who most importantly loves me (and my children) just as we are.

{2008}
Thank you Roxanne, for making my bringing-home-babies experience what it was.  Thank you for flying home, for walking into my hospital room that morning, and for loving my babies as much as I did. 

{2007}
I cannot wait to see you (and your babies) in 30 days. 
This summer is going to be totally awesome. 

{2008}
 I love you.
{always}

3 comments:

Rox said...

Aww Shelly, can I print out this blog and hang it on my wall to read it and feel this good every day?! I love you, too. God, I loved those babies, and still do! I felt so privileged to be their first babysitter and that first night. I totally forgot about feeding you! Haha, I was always telling you to eat! I love looking at these old pictures. Jack and Logan (and you and Josh) gave me a lot to look forward to and enjoy while Blake was gone for so long. Remember when Josh got me flowers on Valentine's day because Blake was gone? That still makes me tear up. I took care of your babies and in turn you guys took care of me!
Love, love, love you.

Rox said...

P.S. Ferris just came and looked at the pictures with me. When he saw me holding newborn tiny newborn Logan he said, "Baby Simon!"

Barb Miller said...

Love this post! Sisters are the best!