5.14.2012

Best Mother's Day

Today was my best mothers day to date.  I slept in (until 10:45am!) and was awakened by Josh telling me he'd made me breakfast.  Fried eggs, bacon & toast with apple juice. It smelled divine.  I ate, then we watched a movie as a family, snuggled up in the living room together while the baby napped.  After that I took the boys to the park where they both spontaneously wished me a Happy Mother's Day.  I basked in the bright sun, singing to the baby while the twins ran about, playing with their friends on the equipment.

We soon  headed back home where Jack and I made enchiladas to take to the potlatch Brian was having at 6pm.  I showered, did my hair and makeup, dressed the boys in their finest, and we headed over.  The boys were on their best behavior, and it was so fun to visit with everyone.  I was the only mother there, so they gave me the best seat in the house, and I got to eat first! I felt special.

But my best Mother's Day gift this year was from Logan. And I received it Thursday night as I tucked him in.  I was giving him his final kiss and told him that the next day maybe we could play the matching game together, the three of us, not just he & Jack, and he whispered, "You're the worst mom ever." I said, "What did you say?" And he asked, "Why?" I said honestly, "Because I think you hurt my feelings."  

And he looked all shy and repeated himself, "I said you're the best mom ever."  I had misheard him the first time.  I hugged him and told him that made mommy's heart very happy to hear.  He grinned, ear to ear, and I melted into a big mommy puddle. I love that kid.

This journey of motherhood has kept me on my toes.  From bringing home the twins as infants, to experiencing life with a singleton thanks to Wyatt, I just think I have it figured out and things change again.  But I was talking to my grandpa on the phone yesterday and he said, "You know, things keep on changing. And really, we wouldn't want it any other way."
He's right.  The twins keep finding new ways to challenge me, but along with those challenges comes growth.  Wyatt continues to amaze me, stretching my love further than I ever thought possible.

I am so blessed by them.
By my three boys.
~

4 comments:

Julie said...

I love the last picture...adordable! When I was reading how Logan gave you your best gift I was like how is she going to turn "your the worst mom ever" around? :) "Best mom ever"...so sweet!

Rox said...

Beautiful pictures, you look gorgeous!
Your dimpled darlings melt my heart. :)

Ferris enjoyed these pictures, "Mogan! Back! Wyatt! See Mogan'n'Back more!"

Rox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marilynn Raatz said...

You melted my heart with this blog. I love your boys so much. And I love you!